Last time we turned around a 2-0 HT deficit?

There have been a few away 3-3s in last 20 years from 2 or more goals down, but last away win from 2 goal deficit I can find is Peterborough 13 Jan 1996, 1-1 at Ht but 3-1 down in 2nd half. Exciting come back to win 5-4 with Steve Jones scoring twice in last 10 minutes.

Shows the magnitude of the achievement and on the back of demoralising events.

Mind you not long ago we were 3-0 down at Swansea to draw and really should have won. I felt we had developed a bit more mettle in the run-in so pleased it’s still there.

We beat Chester 3-2 away in the cup at start of the 90’s…were we 2-0 down? Recall Steve Jones scoring but not much else except we came from behind.

Shows the magnitude of the achievement and on the back of demoralising events.

Mind you not long ago we were 3-0 down at Swansea to draw and really should have won. I felt we had developed a bit more mettle in the run-in so pleased it’s still there.

We beat Chester 3-2 away in the cup at start of the 90’s…were we 2-0 down? Recall Steve Jones scoring but not much else except we came from behind.

It does show what a great achievement was yesterday.

We were 2-0 up against Chester 5 Jan 1991 but it was Andy Jones in those days not Steve. The first goal was following a miss hit shot from George Lawrence, we had plenty of those apart his Billing like goal at Oxford, and was the last Cherries game for Jamie Redknapp before he went to Liverpool.

It does show what a great achievement was yesterday.

We were 2-0 up against Chester 5 Jan 1991 but it was Andy Jones in those days not Steve. The first goal was following a miss hit shot from George Lawrence, we had plenty of those apart his Billing like goal at Oxford, and was the last Cherries game for Jamie Redknapp before he went to Liverpool.
Funny how mind plays tricks…of course must have been Andy given it was before the great escape. Thanks

Last edited:
We were 0-2 down to Birmingham in the Championship a few seasons back; pulled it back to 2-2 by H-T and finished with a 4-2 win.

Shut the rather annoying Bluenose up, who was next to me.

We were 0-2 down to Birmingham in the Championship a few seasons back; pulled it back to 2-2 by H-T and finished with a 4-2 win.

Shut the rather annoying Bluenose up, who was next to me.
Season before we beat Millwall 5-2 at DC after being 0-2 down.

;