Latch catches the sun

Saw that link earlier and was going to give it a listen in the hope of a new ground nugget. Not expecting JT to be the source of an amazing press release, but maybe some clues? After your comments, don't think I'll bother now

in a nutshell, the owners are doing everything they can to get it done as quickly as possible but stadium is going to cost a lot of money and is going to take time to get right - longer than conpleting the training ground

jt believes a new stadium will happen - and it sounds as though eh and jt will not consider their work done here with us until they’ve seen us into a new stadium and taken the team as far as it can go

Fair summary. I'd add that JT also stressed that, for him, the training ground is the immediate priority because that is where the day to day work is done. He commented that, financially, the returns on a new stadium are only marginal especially when compared to the PL TV income. However he was at pains to acknowledge that he understood the frustrations of fans, and parents of Bournemouth supporting kids, who can't get tickets.

I got a clear indication from that interview that the training ground would go ahead whilst the ground may not. On the latter I thought JT had to check himself a couple of times before going too far.

Sounds like all want a new stadium but the practical issue is what is the commercial return?

Understand this short term. Personally, however, I feel no new stadium means we don’t have a prem league future but maybe stakeholders will have made their money by then?

Not reassuring. Is the training facility more important? Not in the long term - the key is the stadium, because all professional clubs depend in the end on their fanbase. And right now, despite the most favourable possible circumstances, we can’t extend that by means of live engagement with football - ie access to PL games. Will we start another season in the PL without plans and a schedule for the KP ground??? My patience ran out long ago.

I think the issue has and will always be obvious... The stadium will cost sh*loads of money and the investment is perhaps not as forthcoming for that, as is the training ground, which is apparently def happening and obviously more important to all involved at the club, than building a shiny new home for us fans...

Let's face it, the stadium is more for us than them... due to the financial returns not being that great. Outside the top 6, every team needs to start each season with the fear of relegation... Then you look at maybe 10 teams that it is a very real possibility... We are most definitely in those 10 teams and that must be a huge white elephant for anyone putting £60 - £100m on the line...

Having said that, and I've always said this, you have to take the punt at some point, if you're in it for the long haul... But it is very easy to say that when Im not the one holding the wallet...

If buying DC, and renovating the South and Main stands was a viable option, I think it would have been done by now... Such. shame SD want so much money tho, as whilst not perfect, it would have been a very good option...

I think the issue has and will always be obvious... The stadium will cost sh*loads of money and the investment is perhaps not as forthcoming for that, as is the training ground, which is apparently def happening and obviously more important to all involved at the club, than building a shiny new home for us fans...

Let's face it, the stadium is more for us than them... due to the financial returns not being that great. Outside the top 6, every team needs to start each season with the fear of relegation... Then you look at maybe 10 teams that it is a very real possibility... We are most definitely in those 10 teams and that must be a huge white elephant for anyone putting £60 - £100m on the line...

Having said that, and I've always said this, you have to take the punt at some point, if you're in it for the long haul... But it is very easy to say that when Im not the one holding the wallet...

If buying DC, and renovating the South and Main stands was a viable option, I think it would have been done by now... Such. shame SD want so much money tho, as whilst not perfect, it would have been a very good option...

Your opening lines reflects my earlier post but then we differ dramatically.

The new ground is more for the club long term than the fans since tv income share will only decline as big clubs seek to stream their own games so we will need greater match day income and the players we need to sign won’t be inspired to play in a L1 ground.

Thus, the new ground is key for the club but, short term, the fans have a more vocal need for it. Thought getting the Americans on board was to help fund the infrastructure?

The situation with the ground becomes more critical each season we remain in the PL.

Potentially we are losing a new fan base year on year and that’s not good for the long term despite what the board might think.

Someone needs to bite the bullet, make a decision and take the risk. I’m not convinced we have the leadership to do it.

I’m 100% sure under Eddie Mitchell it would either be done now or nearing completion.

Of course there would be no planning permission or money to pay for it :eek:

Your opening lines reflects my earlier post but then we differ dramatically.

The new ground is more for the club long term than the fans since tv income share will only decline as big clubs seek to stream their own games so we will need greater match day income and the players we need to sign won’t be inspired to play in a L1 ground.

Thus, the new ground is key for the club but, short term, the fans have a more vocal need for it. Thought getting the Americans on board was to help fund the infrastructure?

I do understand your sentiment here, and I guess I was meaning that the stadium is more important to us fans than the owners (as individual businessmen) than them as the club... No one really knows Max's or the Americans future aspirations for the club... At the moment, they outlay to the playing side and the rest goes to them...

As I mentioned, the stadium is the most anyone individual can invest in a club, unless of course you're in the leagues of investing those sums on players, which we are not... So it is a serious long-term investment... One that they will not take lightly, however, IMO, have had long enough now to have made that decision... The debacle of the South stand expansion is still a mystery to me... WTF happened there?!?!??! Dithering-a-plenty

The time to tell will be in a couple of months when the alleged September planning permission will be submitted... We'll then see if our owners are going 'out' or going 'out out'!!!!

If no new ground in the foreseeable future,then the new south stand and corner stand plans would be a reasonable option even allowing for SD increasing the rent and would at least be something for the fans,and give us a reasonable capacity without breaking the bank.

Reading between the lines, it appears eddie and jason have no more idea than us pond life about what's going on, hence eddies warning a month or so ago. It will be criminal if we go down without having a decent training facility and new stadium because we may take another 110 years to get back to where we are now!

I do understand your sentiment here, and I guess I was meaning that the stadium is more important to us fans than the owners (as individual businessmen) than them as the club... No one really knows Max's or the Americans future aspirations for the club... At the moment, they outlay to the playing side and the rest goes to them...

As I mentioned, the stadium is the most anyone individual can invest in a club, unless of course you're in the leagues of investing those sums on players, which we are not... So it is a serious long-term investment... One that they will not take lightly, however, IMO, have had long enough now to have made that decision... The debacle of the South stand expansion is still a mystery to me... WTF happened there?!?!??! Dithering-a-plenty

The time to tell will be in a couple of months when the alleged September planning permission will be submitted... We'll then see if our owners are going 'out' or going 'out out'!!!!

Agree, makes sense.

Seems to be that the fans see it as more important than owners at the moment ....but there again we aren’t funding it!

If kings park is the preferred option then (smaller) expansion on site is a sensible plan b as long as can do this in the close season.

My view always has been to develop what we have, even allowing for Structadene's inflated asking price, it has to be cheaper than a new ground. New Main and South stands, filled in corners and we'd see a reasonable hike in capacity at a cost effective price.
Planning is the only unknown I guess and the earlier noises from the council weren't too promising

Its really not right though that fans should be second guessing whats going on with a stadium from the footballing staff. Communication should be coming from the Chief Exec or Chairman.

I think the issue is that we can't realistically expand on what we have because Thistlebarrow Road (hello Jaffer, you *). Probably most we could go to would be 15k which for the investment compared to redeveloping the other side of the park might be crazy. Especially at the next rent review when our investment has increased value of SD land and they end up charging us for the privilege of paying for our own improvements. I think the example Maxim used a few years ago was spot on. You don't pay for a loft conversion in a rented house and then have the landlord increase your rent because you've got an extra room

I still (naively perhaps) think that there's a bunch of blocks in place and once that straight tetris block falls we'll see rapid and swift happenings. Just that other stakeholders might ask for a shed load more cash if things were made public

You can't increase the rent for tenant's improvements in the vast majority of cases.

Maxim's example was stupid. This isn't a house it is a commercial building with different laws regarding security of tenure.

;