Learn something new every day

Those two cherry trees that you all admired just outside the ground yesterday were Prunus cerasifera var nigra, the pale pink one, and Prunus 'Okame', the deep pink one.

Both are at least two weeks early in bloom.

Don't thank me; always a pleasure never a chore.

Didn't want to take the Match day thread off topic, so I'll ask on here. Somewhere in Northamptonshire, between Cherwell and the start of the M1, is a 10ft tall purple sculpture of a male chicken. This always gives rise to remarks like " There's your big purple cock, Rich" and so forth. We wondered, why it's there and does it mean anything significant? An internet search for a big purple cock in a field doesn't answer the query : )

Didn't want to take the Match day thread off topic, so I'll ask on here. Somewhere in Northamptonshire, between Cherwell and the start of the M1, is a 10ft tall purple sculpture of a male chicken. This always gives rise to remarks like " There's your big purple cock, Rich" and so forth. We wondered, why it's there and does it mean anything significant? An internet search for a big purple cock in a field doesn't answer the query : )

Towcester Poultry Centre.

;