Leave early, boo or clap the players off after a poor game?

Allen

First Team
The second half was one of the most frustrating 45 minutes of football I have seen in the last season and a half. Hull were really poor, we gifted them a goal through a lazy pass. There was not enough urgency, apart from Christie, who was my MOM who didn't stop giving 100% throughout the game. We never looked like scoring and the game changed after Mepham came off injured.
The fans were singing "Parker, Parker sort it out" about twenty minutes before the end and it seemed like we were unable to change the tempo or tactics and the performance was flat and boring.
Now to the point, I wasn't going to boo or clap because we were pretty shi'.
After the game there was a lot of boos from the North stand. Anthony showed his class by clapping the fans, Marcondes raised his hands as if to say "what do you expect, we aren't invincible" it appeared Marcondes was having a go back at the fans, maybe he was for a few seconds, but his face showed all the emotions of someone who cares about the performance and the relationship between fans and players, he then gave his shirt to a fan.
Lloyd Kelly gave his shirt to someone in the East stand. Lieff Davis was very good running round clapping the fans, so was Travers and as always Lerma who even had a flag saying "Lerma I want your shirt". There might have been a couple of others, I clapped these players because the respect they showed to come over to the fans. It is disappointing how most players and coaching staff vanished, not everyone booed or disappeared early. We are going through a really shi' spell wherein we are playing bad and have been on relegation form for the past 10/15 games, the fans need to get behind the team and the team needs to respond better, at least play at a higher tempo.

I thought it was disgusting how the North Stand gesticulated and booed when Anthony and Marcondes came over.
Those two tried hard I thought as did the team,sometimes luck goes against you and that's it.
Shame the North stand didn't show the same emotion when King,Fraser etc were tossing it off every week in the Prem.

I thought it was disgusting how the North Stand gesticulated and booed when Anthony and Marcondes came over.
Those two tried hard I thought as did the team,sometimes luck goes against you and that's it.
Shame the North stand didn't show the same emotion when King,Fraser etc were tossing it off every week in the Prem.

Marcondes was having a lengthy chat with someone and got pulled away by a steward.

There certainly wasn't a lack of effort today.

Parker has said in the past that the last face the fans want to see after a loss is his. I think he was as p#ssed off at the end as the majority of us.

I think they did.

I booed and yes the players needed to know that we were unhappy, some of them second half never came out the changing room, some of the players need a check on reality. They live in a little bubble that most of us fans would love to live, come out next game and prove us fans wrong.

marcondes is obviously a nice guy, and cleverer than your average footballer, but trying to talk to pissed off, irrational fans straight after a game isnt a very wise thing to do

It would take something exceptionally shite for me to boo the players off but I didn't applaud them today and didn't after the Blackburn defeat either.

Interesting, not a single tweet -or at least a retweet- from the club after today’s game. Usually it’s never ending after a match

marcondes is obviously a nice guy, and cleverer than your average footballer, but trying to talk to pissed off, irrational fans straight after a game isnt a very wise thing to do
I agree, but to his credit, he reflected, he turned away and faced the east stand and you could see genuine remorse and swallowed pride, he then went over and gave his shirt and clapped some fans.

Never boo and don't believe it does anything... In fact the booing was probably the most noise the NS made yesterday...

Atmosphere has really dipped of late at home... Away from home, it's non-stop in the games I've been to...

I get that fans feed off the game and vice versa but we never get behind the team when things are going wrong, and when they need the support... The levels only rise when we start doing well and stop dead when we're not...

We're in pretty poor form atm and playing well only in spells, but I just don't get why folk feel booing is constructive... All it does it make the players not want to come out and play and distances them from us...

;