Leeds mortgage Elland Road

Increase the wealth of the owner at no risk to the individual, all the risk to the "asset" in the club. Simply ridiculous that Football clubs can't be mandated separately to your standard ltd companies.

It’s how companies operate in a group legal structure so nothing illegal about doing this so it would be impossible to legislate to prevent this sort of thing happening.

However, i do think that multi club ownership is something that should have been prevented. It used to be a rule that couldn’t have interest in more than one club but I assume that was just in our English game. Globalisation now means owners including Bill Foley want to run a stable of teams. I am not a fan of that.

Agreed, it shouldn't be allowed. If they tried to shut that stable door now though they'd be some silly shenanigans in the City Group whereby nieces and nephews owned different clubs and so on. Sadly, it's too late to stop the biggest teams getting around it and so it's a fact for even teams like us now.

The whole thing is to the detriment of world football and the different footballing cultures that make the sport what it is.

Never mind though, the rule makers probably got some good jollies out of it.

We are multi-sport not multi-club, but it should be a positive, there must be benefits. The Leeds situation should not be allowed, but if you own something you can sell it! Couldn't Leeds fans be given first refusal and set up a crowd-funded investment fund wholly owned by supporters?

We are multi-sport not multi-club, but it should be a positive, there must be benefits. The Leeds situation should not be allowed, but if you own something you can sell it! Couldn't Leeds fans be given first refusal and set up a crowd-funded investment fund wholly owned by supporters?

Its bizarre. One of the issues (apart from the ethics) is that the minority shareholder (49ers Enterprises - think san fransisco 49ers ) were intending to buy the current owner out in Jan 2024. More importantly according to companies house they have a charge over the stadium and apparently had no idea about this. It's been a right mess on and off the pitch for months.

bullshit like this will keep happening until fans own their own clubs - and they should, given they are community assets

Agreed, it shouldn't be allowed. If they tried to shut that stable door now though they'd be some silly shenanigans in the City Group whereby nieces and nephews owned different clubs and so on. Sadly, it's too late to stop the biggest teams getting around it and so it's a fact for even teams like us now.

The whole thing is to the detriment of world football and the different footballing cultures that make the sport what it is.

Never mind though, the rule makers probably got some good jollies out of it.

If they tried to before the same workarounds would exist.

No club exists in a vacuum, affiliations would always exist and I don't think you'll ever be in a position to remove it.

Every owner is incentivised to do what's right for their business. If their business includes one club or ten they should be attempting to make them all successful.

Its bizarre. One of the issues (apart from the ethics) is that the minority shareholder (49ers Enterprises - think san fransisco 49ers ) were intending to buy the current owner out in Jan 2024. More importantly according to companies house they have a charge over the stadium and apparently had no idea about this. It's been a right mess on and off the pitch for months.
My heart bleeds.

Salford red devils are doing this as we speak rugby league not the other lot .

Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from; the whole mortgage thing can be a bit overwhelming. Anyway, about Elland Road and Leeds mortgages, I'd recommend doing some thorough research on different lenders, rates, and terms. It's crucial to find one that suits your specific needs and financial situation. Don't rush into anything; take your time and make an informed decision. By the way, I have heard of DE COSTA recently. I found them online, and their services seem pretty interesting. They allow you to invest in real estate with professionals.

Last edited:
Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from; the whole mortgage thing can be a bit overwhelming. Anyway, about Elland Road and Leeds mortgages, I'd recommend doing some thorough research on different lenders, rates, and terms. It's crucial to find one that suits your specific needs and financial situation. Don't rush into anything; take your time and make an informed decision.

Hey Raymond!

Appreciate your advice would you be able to contact Tickets@leedsunited.com to provide further information?

;