Left Back - Kelly or Rico?

Danny11

First Team
Bit of a head scratcher for Jason I feel. Rico was terrible 1st half against Reading and rightly taken off at half time, Kelly had a solid 2nd half. The last 2 games Kelly has been poor, (although the whole defence today wasn't great apart from possibly Meps). Both Kelly and Rico seem solid at left sided CB but that means playing 3 CB's.

I don't really have an answer, but would be interested to hear people's opinions on this.

Both very similar.

I'd give the nod slightly ahead to Kelly, given his positioning.

I feel it's better than Ricos and he's younger with more room for improvement, and slightly calmer under pressure than Rico.

Gnats pube between them though.

The Rico disrespect lol. Statistically a monster of a player, best left back in the league: had one bad half so isn’t good enough?

Nowhere does it say Rico isn't good enough. I just made a point that neither Rico or Kelly are making the position their own at the moment.

Almost as bad when people over react to a perfectly reasonable question. one in which is no way slagging either player off.

Don’t be so sensitive good lord :grinning:, I’m just throwing in my opinion, it wasn’t even in response to you specifically.

Yeah I got that; and I’m disagreeing with your point. I think Rick has done more than enough to be our undisputed first choice left back.

That's fine, that's all you really had to say though wasn't it? Fair enough. For what it's worth I agree, although it's a tough decision.

The Rico disrespect lol. Statistically a monster of a player, best left back in the league: had one bad half so isn’t good enough?
Statistically I'm great in the sack.

Big John Thomas, smooth talker and sometimes wear deodorant under the arm pits.

Reality is.......can climb on doing the FangJango, blow me load in 2 mins and fall asleep.

Jokes aside.....I think Rico takes too long to get back if he blazes forward and the move breaks down for one reason or another.

Kelly seems to get back in position much quicker.

But what a great cross from Rico today, when barely warmed up for Solankes goal.

Not really a position to be worried about IMO.

Its midfield that can get exposed with injuries and suspensions.

Statistically I'm great in the sack.

Big John Thomas, smooth talker and sometimes wear deodorant under the arm pits.

Reality is.......can climb on doing the FangJango, blow me load in 2 mins and fall asleep.

Jokes aside.....I think Rico takes too long to get back if he blazes forward and the move breaks down for one reason or another.

Kelly seems to get back in position much quicker.

But what a great cross from Rico today, when barely warmed up for Solankes goal.

Not really a position to be worried about IMO.

Its midfield that can get exposed with injuries and suspensions.

huh? :D

That's fine, that's all you really had to say though wasn't it? Fair enough. For what it's worth I agree, although it's a tough decision.

I just wanted to use some fun verbiage, like calling him a monster of a player. It wasn’t me “stepping up” or anything lol. And the meme was just something I thought was funny on twitter, it wasn’t aimed at anyone.

;