Let's all laugh at...

I've read Ulysses and managed to get through Finnegan's Wake....even understanding little bits of it !

You didn't even get the first word correct. :) From a Jonathan Creek episode, I remember a discussion of the lack of an apostrophe being intended, so that the the meaning of the title was vague. I've never had the inclination to read it.

You didn't even get the first word correct. :) From a Jonathan Creek episode, I remember a discussion of the lack of an apostrophe being intended, so that the the meaning of the title was vague. I've never had the inclination to read it.

I can't relate to 'Jonathan Creek' or ive just forgotten who or what he was.
..or where apostrophes are meant to be!

Fussing with such pedantics just about sums up many on this Forum...and why some of us go on the wind ups and take the p*ss!

Last edited:
Shame for Watford fan who comes on here and seems like a decent chap.

Also a shame for the Championship, as no doubt these 2 and probably the other club who comes down will be occupying the top 6, probably top 2. If its Everton, they may as well not bother playing next season and send all 3 back up :D.

Has there ever been a more unlikeable player than Josh King?

Has a vastly overrated opinion of himself,never really endeared himself to the fans and pulled all sorts of BS to get his huge Prem move........to Watford.

What a tosser,glad he is back in the Champo but I can 100 percent see him rocking up at Fulham or whoever comes up in the playoffs.

Has a vastly overrated opinion of himself,never really endeared himself to the fans and pulled all sorts of BS to get his huge Prem move........to Watford.

What a tosser,glad he is back in the Champo but I can 100 percent see him rocking up at Fulham or whoever comes up in the playoffs.
The sad thing is a motivated Josh King is a heck of a player, and if Watford could sort him out there's there's top half PL forward there nevermind Championship. For whatever reason it seems he's not making the most of his talents.

The sad thing is a motivated Josh King is a heck of a player, and if Watford could sort him out there's there's top half PL forward there nevermind Championship. For whatever reason it seems he's not making the most of his talents.
File him in the box with players like Arter, O’Kane, Macdonald, Elphick, Fraser, who only reached true potential under Eddie and disappeared after he left

File him in the box with players like Arter, O’Kane, Macdonald, Elphick, Fraser, who only reached true potential under Eddie and disappeared after he left

truth . If not for Eddie would have been bumbling around with the likes of Blackburn forever . Of course the his ego never understood that .

truth . If not for Eddie would have been bumbling around with the likes of Blackburn forever . Of course the his ego never understood that .

I always liked King but for him to blame AFCB for not selling him given where we were in the table is/was unreasonable I think. It's United who were to blame for that whole saga with the 15 minute decision window. Also, what does he think would have happened at United apart from the much higher wages? Josh is only 29-30 so for a striker, he potentially has years. Needs to knuckle down next season at Watford and then he could find himself playing at his best again either for Watford in the PL or another PL club. Time to start looking within and looking forward rather than blaming everything on that ridiculous 15 minute window. It's a bit like a certain club blaming one marginal no penalty decision on their non automatic promotion.

I always liked King but for him to blame AFCB for not selling him given where we were in the table is/was unreasonable I think. It's United who were to blame for that whole saga with the 15 minute decision window. Also, what does he think would have happened at United apart from the much higher wages? Josh is only 29-30 so for a striker, he potentially has years. Needs to knuckle down next season at Watford and then he could find himself playing at his best again either for Watford in the PL or another PL club. Time to start looking within and looking forward rather than blaming everything on that ridiculous 15 minute window. It's a bit like a certain club blaming one marginal no penalty decision on their non automatic promotion.

Yeah if he was that good, surely he'd have earnt a move to a top club a few months later... no offense to watford.

Can understand his disappointment as guess he knew it may have been a one off opportunity. But in reality, doubt he would have featured much.

You don't think SP would fancy him back here?

Would be sort of funny if Eddie sunk Burnley last match of the season though …. Naaaa by by Leeds scum .
Burnley always seem to turn it around so it’s probably Leeds for the drop. However, it’s incredibly tight at the bottom of the table. I wouldn’t care if either of those two fell.

Genuinely think we won't be playing this Watford lot for a long time now. Even if we go down again next season, which there is always a good chance we might, I can see Watford falling through the leagues. They just seem to be all over the place; players, owners, fans, managerial uncertainty, mountains of debt, no youth system etc etc... it's all going wrong for them. As we've seen with plenty of clubs in recent years, the downward spiral can take hold quickly. Would not be surprised if they were knocking around League One in a year or two with huge financial issues and struggling just to stay solvent, a la Derby or Bolton.

;