Lewis Cook

I dont back it up with whoscored or bdsm or whatever the stats are called. I back it up by watching him and giving my opnion. I did it with Ibe while 99% of people on here were telling me I was wrong and whodidntscore was stating he could actually give a toss and that his one nutmeg in the 10 mins against Brighton meant hes the next messiah. Simply watch the game and see the difference a fully fit Lewis Cook makes to the team. He could have won MoM almost every match from end of January onwards. I really dont care for the stats.

I was simply responding to what you have now admitted was a false representation of his great season in the previous post.

I was simply responding to what you have now admitted was a false representation of his great season in the previous post.

It’s a bit of fun good god. Everyone makes slightly hyperbolic statements every now and then, it’s a forum. Just like you are by saying Cook had a “great season”. He did; from February. The original spirit of my point was that he had a mixed season. Which he did.

Cook was dreadful when deployed as an advanced midfielder, not his fault as it’s just not his game. He had no idea what to do with himself in that position. The moment he got a run of games in his actual position as a deep lying playmaker he was arguably our best player.

He's not got many goals and assists for a deep lying playmaker.

It’s a bit of fun good god. Everyone makes slightly hyperbolic statements every now and then, it’s a forum. Just like you are by saying Cook had a “great season”. He did; from February. The original spirit of my point was that he had a mixed season. Which he did.
I found the stats interesting, thanks for taking the time to post them!

True. But nor did Surman, and I rated him very highly too. Just like Surman, when playing Cook makes us tick.

Fair point. I massively rated Surman who dictated the pace of games. I've said about Cook before that he's capable but he's never quite reached that level imo, I've been extremely impressed by him since the back end of last season and yesterday too so hopefully this is the time where he delivers on his promise.

Fair point. I massively rated Surman who dictated the pace of games. I've said about Cook before that he's capable but he's never quite reached that level imo, I've been extremely impressed by him since the back end of last season and yesterday too so hopefully this is the time where he delivers on his promise.
Surman was one of those players that I think was more appreciated when he was missing or injured because you realised then fully what he added. He used to get brought back by Eddie in any sticky spell and always calmed the team. If he had a right foot as well he never would have played for us..

Surman was one of those players that I think was more appreciated when he was missing or injured because you realised then fully what he added. He used to get brought back by Eddie in any sticky spell and always calmed the team. If he had a right foot as well he never would have played for us..
It was really interesting seeing the development in Surman from his loan spell as a youngster where he was more attacking to the calming influence in the middle of the park. Great player for us.

Had a good game tonight off of the ball, struggled a bit on it at times. Still think he lacks the quality to control a midfield at this level but can’t fault the work rate and endeavour.

Would have been tough to take if we'd conceded from that through one on one he gave away. Otherwise good. I guess you have to accept that's part of his game. We need all the creativity we can get. Always 'busy'.

;