Lloyd Kelly

He was excellent as most viewers would agree and the stats show.

There are certain people on this forum with agendas against certain players so will call a performance poor even when it’s good. Normally regarding Kelly, Cook or Solanke.
There a certain poster on this forum who has an agenda against certain people employed by the club and lets everyone know at least once a day.
You are such a hypocrite.

It’s cognitive bias. Impossible not to have it I’d say. If you like a player you will notice the good they do more than their mistakes and if you don’t vice versa. It would be a rare human that doesn’t have it as it’s part of our protection system and genetic.

You could see it with Kelly’s only mistake v Chelsea. A good 400 or more people letting out an exasperated groan with one poor ball. I imagine when Zab had that spell of dreadful passing v Brighton there wasn’t one murmur. Nobody is looking out for it or had built a bias to him.

Interesting. Does this cognitive bias extend beyond players? I'm thinking, say, if a director at a company stole someone's car parking space one day and then the person who's space was taken and his best mate proceed to criticise everything the director does for the next ten years despite there not being a great deal of evidence to support that level of vitriol?

Last edited:
It’s cognitive bias. Impossible not to have it I’d say. If you like a player you will notice the good they do more than their mistakes and if you don’t vice versa. It would be a rare human that doesn’t have it as it’s part of our protection system and genetic.

You could see it with Kelly’s only mistake v Chelsea. A good 400 or more people letting out an exasperated groan with one poor ball. I imagine when Zab had that spell of dreadful passing v Brighton there wasn’t one murmur. Nobody is looking out for it or had built a bias to him.
What's so appealing about the Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF?

Very much enjoying Neil Dawson explaining cognitive bias..

Interesting. Does this cognitive bias extend beyond players? I'm thinking, say, if a director at a company stole someone's car parking space one day and then the person who's space was taken and his best mate proceed to criticise everything the director does for the next ten years despite there not being a great deal of evidence to support that level of vitriol?
Cognitive bias extends into everything so yes.

Kelly won't be in a rush to commit, if at all now, given the interest in him on deadline day.

Probably but all sorts can be included in a contract. He could agree an extension that protects him in case of serious injury before the end of the season but include a low release clause that doesn't affect his chances of a move.

Be surprised to still see Kelly here after Jan...

He won't be here next season - well done (sarcastic) to the boo boys for that. I hope we keep him until the end of the season. I have always preferred Kelly as a left back, he was magnificent against Burnley and brilliant against Chelsea (at CB).
I noticed in last nights game and a few others that Kerkez allows the opposition time and space on their right wing, whereas Kelly doesn't let his man get past him and often outmuscles/paces them to win a goal kick.
When Kelly is confident and in form he is good enough to play for a champions league team. When Tottenham came in for him and offered 20 million, I thought we were mad to turn it down with his contract expiring, now it is looking like a great decision.

;