Lloyd Kelly

He'd be mad not to. Don't get me wrong I'd fear for his chances there but what's his better option? Stay here?

No brsiner isn't it, despite what regard many may hold united in.

They're still an institution and you'd be insane not to sign for someone of their stature imo if currently plying their trade their trade for most clubs outside the other elite clubs in pl, and the workd tbh.

Worse case he barely plays, then moves in a couple of years... when still in mid 20s. Yku have to give it a crack imo, if a possible rare, once in a lifetime opportunity like that comes knocking.

Reality is very few players are going to elect to stay with us, if worlds biggest clubs put a similar offer on the table... most likely comfortably more. And I dont blame them at all for leaving us. Assuming dome in professional, respectful manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: drd
No brsiner isn't it, despite what regard many may hold united in.

They're still an institution and you'd be insane not to sign for someone of their stature imo if currently plying their trade their trade for most clubs outside the other elite clubs in pl, and the workd tbh.

Worse case he barely plays, then moves in a couple of years... when still in mid 20s. Yku have to give it a crack imo, if a possible rare, once in a lifetime opportunity like that comes knocking.

Reality is very few players are going to elect to stay with us, if worlds biggest clubs put a similar offer on the table... most likely comfortably more. And I dont blame them at all for leaving us. Assuming dome in professional, respectful manner.
he'd earn way more so who wouldn't leave to do the same job but on more money

Well, according to Romano there’s still talks for him to stay.

Iraola publicly said the other day that he’s “one of our best players”.

Sounds like everyone in the club is pushing hard to convince him to accept the offer, which is likely less money than what he’d be getting elsewhere.

Big fish in the little pond vs opposite type of situation.

Good news he can replace the suspended senesi on the 21st jan.

With a 4th round cup game on the following weekend, the last few days of the transfer window maybe be busy for us!

You would think if he was to stay he would have signed by now given you would expect firm offers to have materialised given we said didn’t have enough time to get a replacement last window

Really interesting to see how this pans out. Kelly fit so you'd think straight in to replace Senesi. In the past he's always gone straight back in under every manager. Senesi though has performed so well that you'd think Kelly would have to play out of his skin to keep him from coming back after his suspension, which won't be easy straight after an injury, something he's struggled with before. Plus it's Liverpool he's got to perform well against.

Obviously the most likely scenario is he comes back then shifts over to left back but with Kerkez on his way back too who knows?

Really interesting to see how this pans out. Kelly fit so you'd think straight in to replace Senesi. In the past he's always gone straight back in under every manager. Senesi though has performed so well that you'd think Kelly would have to play out of his skin to keep him from coming back after his suspension, which won't be easy straight after an injury, something he's struggled with before. Plus it's Liverpool he's got to perform well against.

Obviously the most likely scenario is he comes back then shifts over to left back but with Kerkez on his way back too who knows?
Or in at LB if kerkez still out

I wonder of we will do the sensible thing and give Kelly some minutes in the development side before bringing back into the first team. By bringing him straight back in it could result in further injury.

I wonder of we will do the sensible thing and give Kelly some minutes in the development side before bringing back into the first team. By bringing him straight back in it could result in further injury.
I think you will find that our medical staff are more than capable of determining his fitness and there is no way he will need to play for the dev squad. He will come straight back into the squad as that is how it works these days at all PL clubs.

Hes played LB for most of the season. Not moved Senesi.

Don’t think playing at development level is the sensible thing. Not like the old football combination, alas but I am sure in our break we will have 11 a side games given number of players in a 25 man squad or play other teams in behind doors friendlies

Don’t think playing at development level is the sensible thing. Not like the old football combination, alas but I am sure in our break we will have 11 a side games given number of players in a 25 man squad or play other teams in behind doors friendlies
I certainly hope that Kelly will have some minutes somewhere. It is never a good idea to put a player who has been out injured for so long (especially with a hamstring) straight back into the cut and thrust of the PL.

;