London parking tips

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Usually park at Old deer park at Richmond and get the tube in with no issues however lately Old Deer park (off the top of my head about £11 for 6 hours) has been full and I’ve had to park in the NCP next to the tube station which is £24.

With the trains increasing unreliable does anyone have any good outskirts of London cheap parking spots where the tube can be caught at ease. Needs to be fairly close walking distance to a tube station as I have a child with me and obviously ideally the M3 sort of side of London.

Thanks

Usually park at Old deer park at Richmond and get the tube in with no issues however lately Old Deer park (off the top of my head about £11 for 6 hours) has been full and I’ve had to park in the NCP next to the tube station which is £24.

With the trains increasing unreliable does anyone have any good outskirts of London cheap parking spots where the tube can be caught at ease. Needs to be fairly close walking distance to a tube station as I have a child with me and obviously ideally the M3 sort of side of London.

Thanks
I park in paradise road car park in Richmond, its 5-10 min walk to station.
Another option is wimbledon, centre Court shopping centre car park.
You could also try just park in Richmond and wimbledon, you may find a space near the stations.
I live in surbiton, plenty if free parking, it's 18 mins to Waterloo on a fast train

Thanks

Have you tried Just Park? I normally use this app when parking in London, there are quite a few secure car parks on there if you're not comfortable with parking on someone else's drive, the most expensive is still alot cheaper than NCP. Many of them are for offices that are closed at the weekends etc. so they have 24 hour security. There are ratings and reviews for each parking spot on there too to give you some confidence. Used it for London around 10 times, never had anything happen to my car.

I expect Old Deer parking will be full this weekend too with the Rugby on Saturday. M3 Northbound closed all weekend too, so good luck to anyone going to Fulham by car

We parked at Staines for Brentford. Think it was about £6. I think the train that goes to Kew Bridge for Brentford also carries on to Putney for Craven Cottage if your child can handle that walk.

First of all don't forget the M3 is CLOSED northbound between Jct 4a and 3 all weekend.
As for parking I have just booked ASDA at Roehampton (on the A3) and a short bus ride from the ASDA supermarket bus stop to Putney Bridge. Or you could walk about 15 mins to tube station. Cost just £2.89 for 10 hours !!!! Or you could walk it all in about an hour if so inclined. Booked on Your Parking Space who I have always found to be very good, they seem to have deals with many supermarkets for cheap all day parking.

Last edited:
We parked at Staines for Brentford. Think it was about £6. I think the train that goes to Kew Bridge for Brentford also carries on to Putney for Craven Cottage if your child can handle that walk.
Staines is a good option. as you say direct train to Putney Bridge.

Staines is a good option. as you say direct train to Putney Bridge.

The train goes to Putney rather than Putney Bridge. Not trying to be pedantic but he did say walking might be an issue with his child - not too far though. I don't know what the difference in costs is compared to Richmond/Tube.

Tbf though if there's a game on at Twickenham it's going to be busy at all of these places.

The train goes to Putney rather than Putney Bridge. Not trying to be pedantic but he did say walking might be an issue with his child - not too far though. I don't know what the difference in costs is compared to Richmond/Tube.

Tbf though if there's a game on at Twickenham it's going to be busy at all of these places.
No thats fine, you are right Putney is a bit further and in the main High street, probably about half mile walk from Putney station to the Fulham side of the Thames

Last edited:
Parking is free in the streets to the right of Kew Gardens then short walk to Kew Gardens tube station. An alternative I often use that might come in handy if Rugby on is M25/ M4 into London (divert up via Basingstoke if M3 shut ?), park for free next to Ealing common tube station (Leopold Road), tube to Putney Bridge (We do Hammersmith but longer walk). In either case parking is Free.

If coming in on the M4, Saturday on-street parking is free around Bollo Lane (Google the Bollo House pub). From there it is a 3 or 4 minute walk to Chiswick Park station on the District Line.

Safe camera-patrolled parking is available at TFL Osterley station, which is situated right alongside the A4 Great West Road. Follow the A30 from M25 J13 around the back of Heathrow to join the A4. Pricing is very reasonable, £4 all day on Saturdays, only £2 all day on Sundays. It's on the Piccadilly Line to LHR, so plenty of trains in and out all day.

Last edited:
second the Kew Gardens suggestion - all the streets around there (especially in the dreiction towards Richmond) don’t have restrictions at weekends. Ennerdale and streets off it are good. In winter there’s not many people visiting the garden so plenty of space, tends to get busier in spring. Only think to check is the District line/Overground is running ok

Not to everyone's taste as it means going up the M25 to the M40, but I use Ickenham station car park which is reasonably priced - £3 a day at weekends from memory and £5 on weekdays. Never had a problem finding a parking space there.

The advantage is both Piccadilly & Metropolitan lines run from there and a 10 minute walk away is West Ruislip for the Central line. So if one line should have a problem, there is an alternative readily available.

;