Look, Here's A Suggestion

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
How about for a day - just ONE day, and that's today - we agree to cease all hostilities, to stop all the backbiting and score-settling and historic grievances and personal vendettas, forget all the I-Told-You-Sos, and the You Said This and I Said Thats.

How about for just one day, we just agree to bask in the warm afterglow of one of our greatest ever days, and ENJOY the moment ?

C'mon guys, it doesn't get much better than this. Let's just have positive thoughts and feel-good vibes today.

I’ve not seen a lot of hostility, just people debating on an internet message board. People enjoy discussing football, that is why the majority of us are here I would assume. Don’t think there was any need for an impassioned rallying call in this instance. Don’t believe a single person on here isn’t delighted after yesterday, even the guy who bashes Solanke all the time seems pretty happy.

There's the usual 'I told you so' hopefully without any bitterness, perhaps a bit more than usual but hardly surprising after what's gone before on here. I think what we're seeing on the pitch is quite exceptional and lets be honest unexpected.

I've no issue reading the debates, joining in but more importantly trying to work out why it's happening. We were nailed on favourites for relegation, even in my head but you still go to every game at this level fearing the worst and hoping for the best.

How about for a day - just ONE day, and that's today - we agree to cease all hostilities, to stop all the backbiting and score-settling and historic grievances and personal vendettas, forget all the I-Told-You-Sos, and the You Said This and I Said Thats.

How about for just one day, we just agree to bask in the warm afterglow of one of our greatest ever days, and ENJOY the moment ?

C'mon guys, it doesn't get much better than this. Let's just have positive thoughts and feel-good vibes today.
I totally agree. Got back last night absolutely ecstatic after a few beers, came on here and thought "really ? Tonight of all nights ?"

Oh piss off! ;-)

I am ecstatic and the post match journey home yesterday was the best feeling….can start looking forward to a bit longer at the top table!
AFC Bournemouth is such a fantastic little club and so glad I was born and raised there on a diet of BondSnr…Redknapp…O’Driscoll…Howe…and now O’Neil (who has completely turned my opinion of him around)…to hear Spurs fans saying what a good manager he is was so satisfyingly brilliant…we can now help to decide who goes down without really having to worry!

I am ecstatic and the post match journey home yesterday was the best feeling….can start looking forward to a bit longer at the top table!
AFC Bournemouth is such a fantastic little club and so glad I was born and raised there on a diet of BondSnr…Redknapp…O’Driscoll…Howe…and now O’Neil (who has completely turned my opinion of him around)…to hear Spurs fans saying what a good manager he is was so satisfyingly brilliant…we can now help to decide who goes down without really having to worry!
This is it. I often feel so glad that I wasn't brought up in the shadow of Anfield or somewhere similar. Fans of huge clubs cannot begin to understand the agonies and ecstasies we go through. Dad took me to stand on the South End in 1968 and I was immediately hooked. I just presumed we'd be in Division 3 for ever. Then we got relegated, then promoted, then relegated, then promoted, then promoted again, then relegated, then relegated again, then promoted, then relegated, then promoted, then promoted again, then promoted again, then relegated, then promoted. Something like that anyway. What a journey!

Sounds like a really boring day tbf.

Good post David. There’s a few bitter small minded people on here that like to get personal. Thankfully the majority of people are excellent especially when you meet them in person, talking of which good to meet you yesterday and Rob Trent who it’s always a pleasure to talk to with his wealth of history.

I can’t imagine coming out of a game like that with the first thought being I need to have a dig at a fellow fan on the forum and thankfully I never will have to imagine it! I love the fact we all think differently.

I don’t remember that bloke who has been banging on about Solanke saying he’d never score again, he just wanted him to play to his ability more often. I didn’t agree with him as I value his all around contributions immensely but you can’t say statistically he was wrong.

Similarly I never said none of our three forward signings in Jan would never score, just that they hadn’t done enough for me then I am walking out of the stadium reading people saying I must be gutted. On the first occasion in four months that any of them have scored!!

Just be glad you aren’t a small, bitter person David and don’t let a tiny group cloud your day. I don’t, I find it really amusing!

Good post David. There’s a few bitter small minded people on here that like to get personal. Thankfully the majority of people are excellent especially when you meet them in person, talking of which good to meet you yesterday and Rob Trent who it’s always a pleasure to talk to with his wealth of history.

I can’t imagine coming out of a game like that with the first thought being I need to have a dig at a fellow fan on the forum and thankfully I never will have to imagine it! I love the fact we all think differently.

I don’t remember that bloke who has been banging on about Solanke saying he’d never score again, he just wanted him to play to his ability more often. I didn’t agree with him as I value his all around contributions immensely but you can’t say statistically he was wrong.

Similarly I never said none of our three forward signings in Jan would never score, just that they hadn’t done enough for me then I am walking out of the stadium reading people saying I must be gutted. On the first occasion in four months that any of them have scored!!

Just be glad you aren’t a small, bitter person David and don’t let a tiny group cloud your day. I don’t, I find it really amusing!
Tbf if you’re referring to me, I was as pi**ed as a fart when I made that comment towards the Solanke bloke. Do respect his opinion but think he went too far with some of his comments, appreciate that I am guilty of this too though so maybe shouldn’t be so quick to judge. All just a bit of fun at the end of the day isn’t it. I have to take a lot of it too (some justified, some not so much) so I think we just have too accept that this kind of thing is going to happen at times and get on with it.

Tbf if you’re referring to me, I was as pi**ed as a fart when I made that comment towards the Solanke bloke. Do respect his opinion but think he went too far with some of his comments, appreciate that I am guilty of this too though so maybe shouldn’t be so quick to judge. All just a bit of fun at the end of the day isn’t it. I have to take a lot of it too (some justified, some not so much) so I think we just have too accept that this kind of thing is going to happen at times and get on with it.
I wasn’t talking about you.

Well, it would have been nice to do without the bickering and snickering for just a day.

Down here in leafy Sussex, the spring sun is out, the birds are tweeting merrily and I'm going to pour myself a celebratory drink, sit out in the garden for the afternoon and reflect on another wonderful day in AFCB history.
Sit in the garden!! Grey clouds here David, you lucky bugger.

;