Looking UP the league table

ErikthViking

UTC Legend
Last night's pulsating 0-0 at Brentford kept the greasy-haired, watch tapper's side in contact with the relegation pack although not close enough. But who cares about a team 13 points behind us?

Those lovable scamps at Brighton are less than one win ahead, have a tough end-of-season and must visit DC. Following Luton, three of our next four matches are against teams that we could, conceivably, overtake. If we don't dream now, when will we?

Definitely. And, after spanking Man Utd and their current form, they are there for the taking if we turn up which I think AI will have the players geed up for.

And they have Chelsea (draw please as it helps us out far more), then Liverpool and then the mighty Cherries.

Conceivably they could have 1 point from 3 games putting them on 49 points after 32 games. If we beat the Hatters and Utd, we will be on 47 so only 2 behind.
Who could have dreamt after our first 9 games we could be this close.

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.

Absolutely. This is our opportunity right NOW. I loved Graham Taylor's Euro 92 speech on the recognition and taking of opportunity. Unfortunately the England players weren't listening. I doubt Andoni will borrow it.
After checking, this speech was delivered prior to a 1993 world cup qualifier. Apologies for this error.

Let’s just play our football and enjoy the next few months who knows…we could battling those Chelsea tourists for a Euro place on the last day?
I am already checking out travel plans just in case?

Let’s just play our football and enjoy the next few months who knows…we could battling those Chelsea tourists for a Euro place on the last day?
I am already checking out travel plans just in case?
Where to, Stamford Bridge or some sexy European destination?

I have a holiday booked in September. Is it too early to be worried about missing our first ever European game.
This is a rescheduled holiday, cancelled last Sept due to inlaws hospitalisation, so I don't think Mrs B will entertain it being postponed again for a footie match

;