Lorient

Seems clubs are sniffing around some of these Lorient players and also offers have been put it.

Now we have been told they are going to be a ‘feeder’ club for us with our new owner close to bringing that club into his fold.

If this striker (Moffi) could make a difference to our side in the PL, it would be a kick in the teeth if he joined Saints in the meantime or any other club linked with him.

Last edited:
If the current negotiations are to be concluded imminently, which is what I understand the situation to be, then I would be surprised to see any player leave prior to the takeover given Foley's strategy in that Lorient will be a feeder club.

Seems clubs are sniffing around some of these Lorient players and also offers have been put it.

Now we have been told they are going to be a ‘feeder’ club for us with our new owner close to bringing that club into his fold.

If this striker (Moffi) could make a difference to our side in the PL, it would be a kick in the teeth if he joined Saints in the meantime or any other club linked with him.

I know this is further down on the latest KT tweet, but might be missed.

Seems someone asked Kris why would Bill Foley let any players that might be of interest to our club leave Lorient for a rival club.

Kris answer, he hasn’t.

This is being misreported, Foley isn’t taking over Lorient, he’s only purchasing a minority stake I’ve been told (30% I believe.) Another red flag, given he said that he doesn’t like to work with others and that he would look to move players over here using a multi club model, that isn’t going to be possible with just a minority share holding. Makes me worry about what else he has said isn’t accurate.

I wonder if we will also get Moffi who by the sounds of it could be ideal for our team.

From West Ham website.

That’s great news for us, and very bad for Southampton.

He is absolutely rapid and is strong as an ox. He is generally a nuisance for opposing defenders and would offer a completely different option to Gianluca Scamacca through the middle, what with his power and pace.

He’s been on fire in Ligue 1 this season, with 10 goals in 16 games for Lorient to his name (Transfermarkt).

£25 million for the Lorient hitman sounds like outstanding value to me.

And Southampton losing out to West Ham on the signing of Moffi will be a major blow for them.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-n...est-ham-reportedly-could-nab-25m-terem-moffi/

This is being misreported, Foley isn’t taking over Lorient, he’s only purchasing a minority stake I’ve been told (30% I believe.) Another red flag, given he said that he doesn’t like to work with others and that he would look to move players over here using a multi club model, that isn’t going to be possible with just a minority share holding. Makes me worry about what else he has said isn’t accurate.

Not like you to worry. Remember at this club we like to keep our red flags flying high.

Is it tiring trying to find negatives everywhere you look? You have no idea about what's going on with his Lorient talks do you so how come you are sure it's a sign that the sky is falling in? Must be just a coincidence that everything you see is a sign that the sky is falling in.

even at 30% do you seriously think foley is going to sit on his hands and let their prize asset leave to a direct relegation rival lol?
seriously?

My (limited) understanding of how Bill Foley operates is that he takes a personal 30% stake and arranges the rest to be controlled by a consortium within which he has an agreed controlling interest.

My (limited) understanding of how Bill Foley operates is that he takes a personal 30% stake and arranges the rest to be controlled by a consortium within which he has an agreed controlling interest.
Correct. He has used his investment group, of which he is CEO and majority owner, to ensure a controlling stake in AFCB and the rest has been divvied up between small investors who he has deemed useful to the project ( such as this actor bloke ). To all intents and purposes, his stake in AFCB is 30% personal and 40% (?) his investment group. Presumably the remaining 30% then got spread amongst smaller private stakeholders.

No news on whether or not his investment company is also involved in the Lorient takeover though. But if not, almost certainly he will have other investors in there who are likely to be "on his side", if you know what I mean ;)
If he is taking a 30% personal stake in Lorient, you can be pretty sure that he has a structure in place to effectively have a controlling interest there too.

I suppose we also need to offload some players before we can bring others in.

Lowe and Marcondes could then allow two new players into the 25 man squad.

I suppose we also need to offload some players before we can bring others in.

Lowe and Marcondes could then allow two new players into the 25 man squad.
One benefit of the likes of Alex Scott and/or Dango Ouattara would be as under 21 players they would not count towards the 25 man squad this season. But yes in general there will need to be some room made, if Foley wants to go on a recruitment drive. And IMHO we need some experienced players.

;