Lorient

Can’t say I blame them. We used to collect money in buckets. Now, according to the Cannae Holdings website we are part of “ a global network of world-class football clubs, players, and real estate assets that will produce operational synergies, accelerate player development, enable efficient player migration across BKFE’s network of owned and operated clubs, while driving both strong on-field and financial results.”

Hey ho.

I can understand their apprehension.
I want us to benefit obviously, but I wouldn't want our club to screw them over.
I hope we can extend them an olive branch of some sort, after taking Ouatarra.

Equally we are not the only club after Ouatarra, plus enquiries have been made by other clubs for Moffi.

So if we don’t get in first they probably could end up at Everton, Saints etc.

Better to keep it in the ‘family’, so to speak. ;)

And I dont think there's been any mention of paying under market value for their players? I'd see it as a first refusal if a bid for a Lorient player comes in

So this is what it feels like to be a plastic football fan.

I lived in Nantes for a year so ever since have always followed them as my French team. Now, just like that, I find not only can I switch but I can switch to a Breton rival. Lorient it is for me from now on. Weird.

Never really trusted the Nantes lot anyway. Having a nickname of Les Canaris always made them too similar to Norwich for my liking.

I'd be pretty miffed at this deal as a Lorient fan... We're not exactly a giant in English football and they are probably right in that they are a bigger club in their own surrounds than we are in English football...
Assuming they will get some sort of investment from Foley and it won’t all be one way trafficking of players

Reactions: DJ
Assuming they will get some sort of investment from Foley and it won’t all be one way trafficking of players
Agreed... Hopefully we can ship some Dev players over as well as they seem to operate at the top half of Ligue 1, so would be a decent platform for our players to operate in... as well as a great experience playing overseas...

I don't know too much about Ligue 1 but I imagine the overall standard is somewhere around bottom Championship/top League 1???

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ
Agreed... Hopefully we can ship some Dev players over as well as they seem to operate at the top half of Ligue 1, so would be a decent platform for our players to operate in... as well as a great experience playing overseas...

I don't know too much about Ligue 1 but I imagine the overall standard is someone wehre around bottom Championship/top League 1???

In the UEFA coefficient, it's the fifth ranked league in Europe.

Since that begged a question here’s the top ten ranking:

View attachment 9564

Didn’t there used to be a table that had the Championship as fifth in Europe? Cannot remember if it was income for the division or average attendance or something entirely different. But it really showed the strength of the top two tiers in England against the rest of Europe.

Didn’t there used to be a table that had the Championship as fifth in Europe? Cannot remember if it was income for the division or average attendance or something entirely different. But it really showed the strength of the top two tiers in England against the rest of Europe.

That's the UEFA coefficient so the Championship can't appear in that one.

There's this one that still has the French league in fifth worldwide and the Championship in eleventh.

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

That also has individual team rankings. AFCB are 55.2 and Lorient are 54.1, so pretty similar as it stands according to them.

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/compare?first=BarclaysPremierLeague&second=FrenchLigue1

I think In the attendance league it was 4th a couple of years ago.

Can’t say I blame them. We used to collect money in buckets. Now, according to the Cannae Holdings website we are part of “ a global network of world-class football clubs, players, and real estate assets that will produce operational synergies, accelerate player development, enable efficient player migration across BKFE’s network of owned and operated clubs, while driving both strong on-field and financial results.”

Hey ho.
What a dull pile of sh7te that is.

;