Luck

cardiffcherry

First Team
Not sure we have had much luck this season, especially with refereeing decisions and injuries.

But three big slices of it for our last three wins may end up being season defining:

1. Salah’s penalty
2. Playing Fulham without Mitrovic and Willian
3. Playing Leicester managerless and in disarray

Leicester have been in disarray for ages, managerless or not.
We are still the only team not to have had a penalty given to us all season.
Really looking forward to us staying up and sticking the big one up to all of those who don't want us here and had us as certs for instant relegation before a ball had even been kicked. Can't freaking wait to stick it up them !

If it stays like this, how about the chant "We don't need your effing penalties !" during the match where we secure safety ? Just an idea ;)

Not sure we have had much luck this season, especially with refereeing decisions and injuries.

But three big slices of it for our last three wins may end up being season defining:

1. Salah’s penalty

Should've played Brighton when they were managerless. But called off because the Queen passed away. Think we would've got something from that game, unlike last Tuesday.

If we manage to get through an entire season without being awarded a single penalty, that would seem unusual or unlikely (though I've no numbers to back that up).

Though Salah's penalty may inadvertently turn out to be the turning point of our season!

I don't think we've had much luck all season!

There was a period around Sept/Oct when numerous dodgy decisions went against us.

2 penalties we could have had at Fulham, Mitrovic going down easily to win them one. Brentford at home, decisions against us again & West Ham away was just plain embarrassing from VAR's point of view.

There's probably more but these are just off the top of my head.

1. Salah’s penalty
Blasphemy! It was O'Neils tactical genius.

There was a period around Sept/Oct when numerous dodgy decisions went against us.

2 penalties we could have had at Fulham, Mitrovic going down easily to win them one. Brentford at home, decisions against us again & West Ham away was just plain embarrassing from VAR's point of view.

Completely agree. We have been on the wrong end of some awful refereeing decisions. But I think we would’ve been far less likely to pick up 6 points from Fulham and Leicester without the fortunate circumstances mentioned in the OP.

I think there is unconscious bias amongst fans to recall times we were unlucky and perhaps overlook times we were lucky. Scott McKenna making that almost inexplicable error at Forest is another.

Toneys theatrics for a pen at Brentford, pens at Forest and Newcastle. It really is about time we got one (or two).

1. Salah’s penalty

massive hard luck for playing liverpool on the rebound after losing vs Man Utd. They were a team fired up - has destroyed our GD

1. Salah’s penalty

Guess we can lose Salah’s penalties from that list - just the norm now.

God is not a big fan of us either it would seem?

Just aswell then that we keep dumbfounding the critics!

I love watching so called experts completely confused about why we are in the PL?

The only one who understands is Jeff Stelling

If we manage to get through an entire season without being awarded a single penalty, that would seem unusual or unlikely (though I've no numbers to back that up).

Though Salah's penalty may inadvertently turn out to be the turning point of our season!
Not disputing there have been some dodgy calls… But, I guess it’s the same as when we used to get lots of pens, when Callum was with us… Other teams used to say we were always winning by dodgy pens… The reality was, we got so many pens because as a team, we spent so much time in the opposition’s box…

This season, we spend barely no time at all in the opposition’s box so stands up that our pen count is zero…

But when we do it it’s because we’re crap!
What a weird comment. I think you need to go back to bed and get up again. They were crap but we just couldn't score then luckily for us their best player made a terrible backpass. I guess you could argue that bad luck was Tavernier's shot hitting Christie.

;