Luis Sinisterra

Yesterday, for the first time, we saw maybe what the club saw in him to spark off the strong debate about losing Anthony… He looked a real handful playing more centrally and attacking… Well done Luis…

However, I still think, and have said before that Anthony played better when deployed in the centre of the park in and advanced role, and when I think back to the moves and positions Sinisterra made and got himself into yesterday, I still believe an on-form Anthony would have been ‘as good’… but we’ll see if that is what Sinisterra has, or if he’s just getting started…

This is not taking anything away from the performance yesterday as he was very lively, and offered us some energy at a point when maybe levels were starting to fade a bit…Was very impressed. The squad is coming together and finally, you wonder if Iraola is tightening the net around his chosen 11…
Thought Jaidon would have a big season this year after fading a bit towards the end of the season.

He was outstanding in pre-season but had a poor start to the season imho. Thus, maybe AI was happy for him to go on loan. Hasn’t set the world alight for leeds and often a late substitute.

No doubt a great talent though. Very diffrent player to sinisterra

Yesterday, for the first time, we saw maybe what the club saw in him to spark off the strong debate about losing Anthony… He looked a real handful playing more centrally and attacking… Well done Luis…

However, I still think, and have said before that Anthony played better when deployed in the centre of the park in and advanced role, and when I think back to the moves and positions Sinisterra made and got himself into yesterday, I still believe an on-form Anthony would have been ‘as good’… but we’ll see if that is what Sinisterra has, or if he’s just getting started…

This is not taking anything away from the performance yesterday as he was very lively, and offered us some energy at a point when maybe levels were starting to fade a bit…Was very impressed. The squad is coming together and finally, you wonder if Iraola is tightening the net around his chosen 11…
Beast you to it at the Etihad ;-)

We were discussing this yesterday after Sinisterra came on... and when you looked at the wingers we had at our disposal yesterday, (Sinisterra, Dango, Kluivert, even Brooks to a degree), I'd be hard pushed to opt for any of them above Anthony coming on atm...

Yes he had some poor moments in early games but as you said Neil, his energy, his press, his ability, for me, is above most of the wingers we have on our books currently... I've no idea about Iraola's thoughts on things but I know he was 'gutted' and in tears when he was told he needed to leave... He desperately did not want to go...

I'm not judging but first impressions of Sinisterra is that he clearly cannot be fit right now as if he is, I think we're in trouble... But, that is only first impressions... Plenty of time for them to change.
Funny old game, innit !! I would totally disagree. Every other player you mentioned is above Antony, imo. And certainly, Sinisterra, who we swapped him for, is a level above. Even before we got promoted, I thought Antony was not good enough for the PL. I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

J A is not getting many minutes in the Championship with Leeds.

Also L S stats.

Would definitely be a player we should be looking to buy. Think we only have the option to buy if Leeds don't get promoted though, so another reason to wish bad on Leeds.

Would definitely be a player we should be looking to buy. Think we only have the option to buy if Leeds don't get promoted though, so another reason to wish bad on Leeds.
Not sure how this "option to buy" thing works. Surely everyone always has an option to buy anything? As the adage goes "everything is for sale at a price."
Regardless whether Leeds get promoted or not, if Sinisterra doesn't really want to go back there and we are keen to keep him then surely we simply need to agree a sale/purchase?

Not sure how this "option to buy" thing works. Surely everyone always has an option to buy anything? As the adage goes "everything is for sale at a price."
Regardless whether Leeds get promoted or not, if Sinisterra doesn't really want to go back there and we are keen to keep him then surely we simply need to agree a sale/purchase?
Another thing Nick, is that a dirty Leeds fans of our acquaintance has expressed the view that Leeds fans would not welcome him back.

Maybe the option to buy includes the price?

He doesn’t track back enough apparently. lol.
He doesn’t. Hence why he looks like a world beater in games where he doesn’t have to like last night.

It’s why despite being paid a boat load of cash he has started three PL games. Anthony started two PL games and didn’t even see out August.

Clearly good going forwards (although not against top class defenders) and there’s hope he can add tracking back and stamina to his game and feature more to justify the huge outlay.

He doesn’t. Hence why he looks like a world beater in games where he doesn’t have to like last night.

It’s why despite being paid a boat load of cash he has started three PL games. Anthony started two PL games and didn’t even see out August.

Clearly good going forwards (although not against top class defenders) and there’s hope he can add tracking back and stamina to his game and feature more to justify the huge outlay.
Hughe outlay?
Is this fact or another of your assumptions?

Hughe outlay?
Is this fact or another of your assumptions?
He has an annual salary of 3.38m we will be paying a loan fee. They start at 1.5m for internationals.

He is costing us over a million a start so far.

Good work if you can get it

Another Cuba libre Richard?

Yes, that is what I assumed it was, so if the terms to allow the contracted option to buy price are not met then presumably it's just becomes negotiation over a price? Much like any other transfer?
One is a formal option, the other is a more general use of the word, and as you point out, the more general meaning is, uh, more generally available.

He has an annual salary of 3.38m we will be paying a loan fee. They start at 1.5m for internationals.

He is costing us over a million a start so far.

Good work if you can get it

Another Cuba libre Richard?

The good old Neil Dawson abacus is back. Only comes out for certain players but when it does it never misses a penny of expenditure.

Seems like decent value to me.

;