Luis Sinisterra

Semenyo is currently playing as a winger and getting Mom most matches and was at his most effective there for Bristol City? Even if the others are back up it means we have back up? We don’t in other positions which is my point
But my point is that 'currently playing as a winger' does not make him a winger... maybe Iraola wold like to push him higher up the field?

Are we saying that playing behind the man up top is classed as playing out wide...?

I think the idea here might be to move Semenyo more centrally to be competition for Solanke, and may even take his spot. Which would allow Moore to leave.

Sinnistera coming in would then be able to take over the wing spot that Semenyo left vacant.
Well this makes sense I guess

The winger stock pile does seem odd. Even if some play as a 10 realistically that's about 3 out of about 10 players who can start at the moment.

Unless he see's some as back up number 9's is seems a bit imbalanced. Especially when you think how exposed at the back we'd be if Kelly left.

Don’t see the need to be rude…. Not sure we’ve conversed before but welcome to the board.

I think you were missing the point. Sinisterra may well be better than what we’ve got and if so of course I welcome that but building a squad is about balance. We already had Brooks, Anthony, Christie and Tavs. Three of which were good enough to start as first choices v West Ham. We’ve also spent 70m on Kliuvert, Traore, Semenyo and Outtara all of whom are wide players or can play wide. That’s eight players. We have one left back and one injury prone defensive midfielder.

So great to bring yet more strength to the wing but begs the question why we need to with all that previous resource. Just not effective recruiting and still large holes elsewhere.

Just like if we signed Allison and Ramsdale they’d be better than Neto and Radu but you’d question it as a use of resource I’m assuming?
We have 2 DM's.....Cook and Adams - how many should we have?

From the Leeds forum:

“The s**t thing is a tin pot outfit with barely enough fans to fill an 11k seater stadium have nicked aarons last minute, bought adams and now pulled our pants down with Sini on loan. I know they are premier league but god sake what a piss take.“

:unsure: Yep, sounds about right
Cough nicked Andoni too cough

Also nice to stay up having thrashed them 4-1 too

I think the idea here might be to move Semenyo more centrally to be competition for Solanke, and may even take his spot. Which would allow Moore to leave.

Sinnistera coming in would then be able to take over the wing spot that Semenyo left vacant.

With Dango out for months, Tavernier unlikely to be fit enough to play a full 90 for a while, and Brooks and Anthony struggling early this season this kind of move makes sense.

I think this is a good summary.

Semenyo is currently playing as a winger and getting Mom most matches and was at his most effective there for Bristol City? Even if the others are back up it means we have back up? We don’t in other positions which is my point
Think brooks will take this season to recover; dango injured and we don’t know the extent while tav is a risk with hamstrings so need to take care with him. I don’t think Christie is a prem winger but excellent more central. Jaidon hadn’t impressed this season tbh.

So suddenly the need for a winger is clearer given AI wants width and crossing.

Considering AI likes to use his full 5 subs in most games, having an abundance of attacking players with different qualities seems like a sensible move, especially with all the injuries we get. I think Sinisterra will be a good addition to the diverse mix of wingers/attacking players we already have.

Considering AI likes to use his full 5 subs in most games, having an abundance of attacking players with different qualities seems like a sensible move, especially with all the injuries we get. I think Sinisterra will be a good addition to the diverse mix of wingers/attacking players we already have.

Plus regular rotation. Something we as a club have never been overly successful with.

;