Major incident Bournemouth beach

Friend of mine, volunteer coastguard, was one of first on scene after kids started being pulled from sea. Witnessed a policeman and lifeguard giving cpr to 2 kids, one of which was successful, and then the 12 yr old being pulled from the water
The Dad of the 12 year old sadly watched it all and was with her as they (unsuccessfully) attempted cpr. He will no doubt live with that for rest of his life.
You take your kids to the beach for a fun day out........
This is all truly awful. For Gods sake guys if any of us are out on the water this summer let’s remember to keep a lookout for others as well as ourselves. Feel so bad for the families

It is the main headline on Sky News website today and last night as I was watching the Papers review the news was in the breaking news scrolling across the bottom of the page.

Also featured in the the National papers yesterday afternoon/early evening as well.

Very sad news and as they reported in the media the police are asking for people not to speculate as they are in the early stages of their enquiry.

Last edited:
As Neil says a very odd thing to happen, but now isn't the time to ponder the circumstances as I'm sure that'll come out in time. A very sad outcome.

The police are saying no physical contact between a vessel and swimmers. My thoughts are with the families and responders (as above) at this difficult time.

Such sad news... You can't even imagine what the families are going through right now...

Interesting that the news mentioned the man arrested was 'on' the water. It's only natural to wonder about circumstances but I'll leave it with my condolences... The beach was very empty at 10am this morning...

I understand why they don’t release details but the flip side is you get the most incredible speculations. People are so odd creating these. My kids have told me some of the stuff on social media which obviously won’t repeat on here but the massive differences in all the stories some picked up by extremist groups are off the scale and one of the downsides of modern life.

;