Make some noise!

BigLew

Trialist
I couldn't make it today so watching on Sky, but this is the best atmosphere I've heard us create in a long time! Make some noiiiise for the boys! #UTCIAD

We look like there's a fresh energy and a desire to run, great close football, something is going to click.. let's goooo

Tailor made for Outarra but we go with the bloke with i at the end of his name!
This is going to be extremely ill-informed, but we don't do singing over here.

How does it happen? Do a few guys start something up and everyone joins in? I recognize the rhythm of many songs, but can never get the words (although I did hear the Fraser one today). I don't suspect that there are pre-match hymn sheets.

#Ineedtoknow

This is going to be extremely ill-informed, but we don't do singing over here.

How does it happen? Do a few guys start something up and everyone joins in? I recognize the rhythm of many songs, but can never get the words (although I did hear the Fraser one today). I don't suspect that there are pre-match hymn sheets.

#Ineedtoknow
Yep, usually someone has the idea and runs it by some mates in the pub and it starts with them, often at an away game where they can choose to stand with kindred spirits

Every so often, a thousand people have the same idea at the same moment and it’s a beautiful thing (eg Reading away, “you’re the wankers in the blue”)

I said that a few years back and got shot down by one of the Gary’s who couldn’t see it

I don't mind it so much but it's clearly the wrong word. The beach boys literally use the word home in their song and it's supposed to rhyme with the third line not the forth and fifth...

We come on the sloop John B
My grandfather and me
Around Nassau town we did roam
Drinking all night
Got into a fight
Well, I feel so broke up, I want to go home

So, the fans don't sing = no atmosphere.

The fans sing, create an atmosphere but it's the wrong song, with the wrong lyrics for the wrong player, stolen from another club and don't even get started on the grammar.

So the fans don't sing : )

For what it's worth, I thought it was a cracking atmosphere and match tonight. If a chant/song goes on to long, anyone can stop it by starting a better one : )

Yep, usually someone has the idea and runs it by some mates in the pub and it starts with them, often at an away game where they can choose to stand with kindred spirits

Every so often, a thousand people have the same idea at the same moment and it’s a beautiful thing (eg Reading away, “you’re the wankers in the blue”)

A beautiful moment. Especially with the Reading fans laughing, could hear the penny dropping.

I don't mind it so much but it's clearly the wrong word. The beach boys literally use the word home in their song and it's supposed to rhyme with the third line not the forth and fifth...

We come on the sloop John B
My grandfather and me
Around Nassau town we did roam
Drinking all night
Got into a fight
Well, I feel so broke up, I want to go home
Sorry to be a philistine here but Back rhymes with Attack.

Yes but that's lines four and five that are supposed to rhyme with each other. The last line is supposed to rhyme with the third line as it does in Sloop John B. So it should rhyme with 'loan'.
Well yes while I understand the point, the addition of at least one syllable to line four and probably to line five (depending on how it's sung) give a better balance if the last word rhymes with lines 4 and 5. Granted I'm not being a purist

;