Man City update

RobTrent

UTC Legend
The bad news is that there were no other takers for the acccessible minibus (still not to ate).

The good news is that afcb have said it will run anyway. Basically it's a chauffeur driven trip to see us win at the Etihad.

Thanks to all at afcb for still running the coach, and I'll be cheering us on as we snatch three points ;-)

Got to be done - to be fair though it was always going to be a good lash up due to the date, I just hoped it was an away fixture.

Just enjoy the pubs and the home fans are pretty sound, it is a great away day - the football spoils it a bit sadly!

Glad to hear it Rob : ) I spent (another) hour on the phone Friday, trying to get our train tickets refunded without much luck ( although I did get a remedy for the common cold, from a call centre operative). So we're on the 7- sometime or other, from Bournemouth Central on Saturday. See you up there, might have some Christmas goodies for you and you can borrow my Eddie Stobbart Truckin' triple CD, to listen and sing along to on the way home : )

Excellent table! Looking forward to it! Would you like my Diamond Head 'White Album' in return? ;-)

red_house - 19/12/2017 13:03

Make this the Man City bonkers roll call

I'm in...I wonder how many tickets we've sold.

Not a lot, but me and the lad will be there. 1st away game this month as work commitments prevent me in December. :afcb:

Looking at the seat-picker we've not even sold out the two lower tier blocks :( No great surprise on the Saturday before Christmas with a heavy set of fixtures through the month.

I'll be there, though mildly concerned about the email warning I got from thetrainline this morning, telling of possible industrial action disruption on the day. http://ehelp.thetrainline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5123

Rob, enjoy your personal travel arrangements while I stand at Southampton Parkway hoping for the 09:25 to materialise.

Bluecherry, could you not have gone on the coach?

ps. 09.25 seems to be leaving it late? I'm picking up the minibus at 7.30 at Rownhams.

pps. Anyone remember Barry Ireland? (I may have asked this before).

I could but prefer travel by train as I can read and have a beer. 09:25 from Parkway gets into Manchester 13:26 then a 25 min walk, or less if I do some by tram.

Hopefully no problems with Virgin - although not got my tickets yet. Got send the wrong ones, had to send them back, not got the replacements yet - hopefully won't have to go to the ground first to get them.

So when was the first time we were under 1000 away this season? was it United? My seats are quite near the City fans. No doubt be a bit of banter..

Hi Rob, Yes I remember Barry very well, countless away trips where we stopped at Rownhams to pick him up. Sometimes I miss those away trips to Bury and Hartlepool!

dragonm8 - 20/12/2017 09:29

Can you get in the minibus without an impairment?

Physically I guess its easier(!) (sorry dragon, it's Christmas!), but otherwise I'm not sure.

I can see it would maybe give an option for one or two extra fans if the coaches were full, but then theres the risk of it stopping disabled fans booking it late.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but do political nuances say unless you have a disability a half full minibus running at a loss is better than a full one with able bodies upon it?

I think not. The club leave the spaces available up until the last minute in case disabled fans decide to take up the offer.

I think all minibus trips would run at a loss anyway without sponsorship). Incidentally, why does Vitals sponsor away travel but not accessible away travel? :)

;