Man U 0 Bournemouth 3

dragonm8

UTC Legend
When 1-0 up Maguire had a chance to loop the header over Neto into the net.

Not a criticism, but Kerkez didn't even watch the flight of the ball, he was more interested in putting Maguire off.

Going forward, Kerkez needs to win the ball rather than not attack it.

Defensively Kerkez is very able, but it was concerning to see him not even watch the cross come in.

Waits for the , but we won 3-0 brigade to chime in.........

It was a pivotal moment in the game at 0-1, and was something to improve upon from a defensive perspective.

An observation, not a criticism.

When 1-0 up Maguire had a chance to loop the header over Neto into the net.

Not a criticism, but Kerkez didn't even watch the flight of the ball, he was more interested in putting Maguire off.

Going forward, Kerkez needs to win the ball rather than not attack it.

Defensively Kerkez is very able, but it was concerning to see him not even watch the cross come in.

Waits for the , but we won 3-0 brigade to chime in.........

It was a pivotal moment in the game at 0-1, and was something to improve upon from a defensive perspective.

An observation, not a criticism.
There is a massive disparity in McGuire and Kerkez's height. HG is nearly 6ft 4, MK is 5f 9. The defender must weigh up his percentage chance of winning the ball in the challenge. If this is not favourable, then he is coached to disrupt the attacker as best he can. I have no doubt Milos judged the flight of the ball and calculated his chance of interception. In this instance, I have no issue with his decision.

There is a massive disparity in McGuire and Kerkez's height. HG is nearly 6ft 4, MK is 5f 9. The defender must weigh up his percentage chance of winning the ball in the challenge. If this is not favourable, then he is coached to disrupt the attacker as best he can. I have no doubt Milos judged the flight of the ball and calculated his chance of interception. In this instance, I have no issue with his decision.
Thanks for the genuine reply....appreciated.

However, surely you have to at least watch the flight of the ball to see what you can or can't do with it, whilst it's in flight.

United only really had one or two chances in the game.

Seeing as we won 3-Zip the game has been watched over and over again.

What stood out to me when United seemed to carve out a half chance, it looked like Kerkez was playing the Man and not the ball.

Height disparity has not a lot to do with it when you're more focused on the man, rather than the ball.

If you can't see the ball, and you play the man... you're letting the opposition settle and get to the ball before you can?

Kerkez is only 19... not an experienced 26 year old LB! He will keep on getting better and better, I am sure the coaches will be on it.
I'd imagine our coaches will tell him to do exactly the same again......what's the point in watching the ball?......he did what he's been coached to do in those circumstances which is to stop the player from attacking the cross.....this is why Maguire only managed a looping header.

And the prize for the most niche thread of the year goes to...

Fair observstion but there's no way Maguire was scoring from there with little momentum on the cross, I'd say Kerkez did exactly the right thing in that circumstance, there's no chance Kerkez will win an aerial dual with Maguire.

Thanks for the genuine reply....appreciated.

However, surely you have to at least watch the flight of the ball to see what you can or can't do with it, whilst it's in flight.

United only really had one or two chances in the game.

Seeing as we won 3-Zip the game has been watched over and over again.

What stood out to me when United seemed to carve out a half chance, it looked like Kerkez was playing the Man and not the ball.

Height disparity has not a lot to do with it when you're more focused on the man, rather than the ball.

If you can't see the ball, and you play the man... you're letting the opposition settle and get to the ball before you can?
Perhaps someone else should have been marking Maguire?

i think you have to consider that, considering the difference in height, how is he supposed to fight for the ball without also having a huge chance of giving away a pen since realistically he isn't getting anywhere near the ball

A lot happened in my recent 'time out'...
..but that result was the highlight.
I watched it in the pub surrounded by several local Manu numpties... one had said to me before the start that they would hammer this "provincial beach team"
I replied that another provincial beach team had already won at OT this season....and that hopefully they would draw Bognor Regis in the Cup sometime and lose to them..
At the end of the highlights and pundit crap I suggested that next time we take a few buckets of our sand for the goalmouths and that would improve us...and maybe then 6-0 !

Last edited:
I watched it in the pub surrounded by several local Manu numpties... one said to me before the start that they would hammer this "provincial beach team"
I replied that another provincial beach team had already won at OT this season....and that hopefully they would draw Bognor Regis in the Cup sometime and lose to them..
At the end I suggested that next time we take a few buckets of our sand for the goalmouths and that would improve us...and maybe then 6-0 !
Hello again Brian.

I watched it in the pub surrounded by several local Manu numpties... one said to me before the start that they would hammer this "provincial beach team"
At the end I suggested that next time we take a few buckets of our sand for the goalmouths and that would improve us...and maybe then 6-0 !
I'm sorry but how did you watch it in the pub, it was a 3pm Saturday kick off, not televised?

I'm sorry but how did you watch it in the pub, it was a 3pm Saturday kick off, not televised?
Not the live game !....and not Saturday....and I didn't say it was Saturday .
On Friday they said they would hammer us.
The Manu freaks are in there every day gobbing off !

;