Man Utd '84

mdb64

First Team
Not sure if anybody on here gets the Backpass magazine (all stuff retro) but the centre page spread is a photo of the first goal on that famous day....a photo i haven't seen before. Might be of interest to some of you older folk. Please excuse the quality.

Attachments

• 20190215_071301.jpg
    20190215_071301.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 87
First "giant killing" in my time as a supporter. We had to get to the third round first and then hope for a decent draw.

Now we get the chance to beat a "big team" like Villa, Forest or Leeds twice a season, oh! wait...

Last edited:
Not sure if anybody on here gets the Backpass magazine (all stuff retro) but the centre page spread is a photo of the first goal on that famous day....a photo i haven't seen before. Might be of interest to some of you older folk. Please excuse the quality.

Thanks for posting. Normally see the picture of the second goal from
Ian Thomson

Despite the last few years, this will always be my favourite memory. I was a ball boy for that match and was situated to the left of the goal at the BBE in front of all the Man Utd fans. No squad rotation in those days, that was Man Utd's best 11 at the time. They won the cup in 83 and 85 and we knocked them out in the season between!

I am annoyed as their number 12 [ Albiston?? ] is pretty much blocking the view to where I was sat, in Block B!!

Only my second AFCB game - dad got tickets for me, my brother and mum in the main stand .
Great performance and result against a very good Manure team who didn’t fancy it on the day ...

Remember a tide of London Reds surging into the South End because Dorsets finests naivety and complete lack of stewarding meant gates were opened 10 minutes from the end. It was their last desperate, hopeless, forlorn attempt to escape national humiliation by getting the game abandoned. Oh the joy of that victory! The flash in the pan every lower league supporter craves.

;