Man Utd game

northstand pundit

First Team
Whats the best guess for the new date? If Utd are in the 2nd Semi will it be the Wednesday after ie the 25th April. This could be a good time to play them with the FA cup being their priority.

...United v Spurs will get the first date I reckon...so we will probably play them after they have been knocked out!!

Man Utd also need to reschedule west ham away. At least they aren’t in Europe so more options (albeit kick off time implications?)

Manure semi now confirmed:
Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
5.15pm, Saturday 21 April
Live on BBC One

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/mar/21/fa-cup-semi-finals-bbc-bt-sport-210318?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

So are we likely to play them on Tuesday 24th or Wednesday 25th? I guess Saints will definitely play Wednesday that week prior to our game. Not saying its crucial but I am enjoying the Saints situation and will be glued to the Hammers game whilst at Watford

24th/25th are Champions League Semifinals - I seem to remember a Uefa/Fifa rule that PL matches may not be played on the same night.

I hope that is the case and that Man U is brought forward to the week before that, as I will miss any games scheduled for 24th/25th....

Jim_AFCB - 21/3/2018 12:14

24th/25th are Champions League Semifinals - I seem to remember a Uefa/Fifa rule that PL matches may not be played on the same night.

I hope that is the case and that Man U is brought forward to the week before that, as I will miss any games scheduled for 24th/25th....

I started a thread on this at the weekend. I think PL games can be played on euro nights but only if not live on TV. Assuming that BT still want the game then the week before would be better. It would have to be Wed 18 as Man U playing Sunday 15 and Saturday 21. Like you the week after is tricky because of other commitments

Perhaps mour9nho will get in a right huff and the man Utd team will not turn up and well win 4-0 by default.

Jim_AFCB - 21/3/2018 15:14

That agreement ran out last year, all domestic leagues can have games on the same nights now.

NornIron - 21/3/2018 20:33

Wed 18th is currently planned to be the sponsors dinner (with players) at the club.

They play Sunday, so Tuesday 17th is out of the running for that week.

The only dates really available are Wednesday 18th, Tuesday 24th or Wednesday 25th.

United will of course want it 24th or 25th, so my guess is that's when it will be.

Interesting although they don't list the West Ham game yet. The 18th is ideal for us although we must stay fresh for the saints game if we can relegate them

Phew.

If it had been a week later, it would have been down to trying to find a sports bar in downtown Changsha screening it at 3am.......

;