Manchester City v AFC Bournemouth

It sounds a lot but £43million of that is currently sitting in the treatment room and another £13million is playing for Lorient. Add in £23million for Traore who can't get a game and that just leaves Aarons, Kluivert and Kerkez whose combined worth is about the same as Ederson's left leg.
It's still nearly £200m invested to make us stronger that hasn't worked. Regardless of whether their in the treatment room or not good enough, they were purchased because it was beloved they would strengthen the team and the squad.

Well we scored one, had one disallowed, hit the bar once, all in the same half. That's about as much as we've done in all our combined away matches at the Etihad : )

This Man City team is possibly the best Man City team I've seen us play. Superb individual players, playing almost telepathic football as a team. They contained us, waited or forced errors and no matter where on the pitch, they are in on goal. It's hard to judge how good or bad we are on this match, City are in top form and playing a club like us, suits them. Go at them and I think we'd be 3 down quicker. Try and hold them as we tried and the goals come, only later : )

Downsides, Alec Scott limping off, looking proper injured ( fingers crossed it's naught but a flesh wound ) Making Phillips look good when he came on : )

Upsides, Great to see Jaydon Anthony in with the fans and enjoying the limelight. Glad Sinessterra ( apologies for spolling ) scored or I think we'd have had "just a shoat Jaydon Anthony" chant. It's a mark of the man, that watching Nathan Ake play and score in a 6-1
defeat, it's impossible not to like him : )

As usual, on such occasions, very subdued Riverside Rocket ( not even many fireworks going off outside ) but I've seen enough in the past week to believe in Andoni and his ways. Let's have patience and keep the faith : )

Ps I blame RT and his optimism, I'd have settled for a point away and beat them at home : )

Last edited:
The money spent on transfers is not the managers doing but as a club we do have a history of spending big for very little. The current recruitment process is not far short of pathetic even when you consider appointing a manager who wants to bring in his own staff and no one seems to have thought about our work permit requirements.
Be honest how many of Traore Otarra kluivert Semenyo Randolph Fredericks semenyo Sinisterra Moore Adams with his injury record et al would be considered good enough for a run of games in this league.
And we did not take up the option of Vina what’s going on .

Yes today we saw a real men against boys match , however in light of AI reputation of setting up against the big boys i didn’t see much of it today.

Last edited:
It's still nearly £200m invested to make us stronger that hasn't worked. Regardless of whether their in the treatment room or not good enough, they were purchased because it was beloved they would strengthen the team and the squad.
Oh, I'm not saying we haven't spent a lot of money I'm just saying a lot of it wasn't on the pitch. I'd agree that whatever it is we've actually spent a lot of it has been wasted.

the players are plenty good enough, not sure about the manager
starting with a back 5 effectively gifted city the game, then conceding 3 in 10 minutes tells you all you need to know about the lack of organisation and his tactical naivety

it wouldn't surprise me
capable managers have the wherewithal to adjust depending on the game situation and don't capitulate in the space of 10 minutes
pretty sure that's on the players, we were riding our luck but a few lapses in concentration and they score, nothing to do with the manager. there has been matches this season where the blame can fall on AI but I don't feel this game is 1

Well we scored one, had one disallowed, hit the bar once, all in the same half. That's about as much as we've done in all our combined away matches in the Premier League : )

This Man City team is possibly the best Man City team I've seen us play. Superb individual players, playing almost telepathic football as a team. They contained us, waited or forced errors and no matter where on the pitch, they are in on goal. It's hard to judge how good or bad we are on this match, City are in top form and playing a club like us, suits them. Go at them and I think we'd be 3 down quicker. Try and hold them as we tried and the goals come, only later : )

Downsides, Alec Scott limping off, looking proper injured ( fingers crossed it's naught but a flesh wound ) Making Phillips look good when he came on : )

Upsides, Great to see Jaydon Anthony in with the fans and enjoying the limelight. Glad Sinessterra ( apologies for spolling ) scored or I think we'd have had "just a shoat Jaydon Anthony" chant. It's a mark of the man, that watching Nathan Ake play and score in a 6-1 defeat, it's impossible not to like him : )

As usual, on such occasions, very subdued Riverside Rocket ( not even many fireworks going off outside ) but I've seen enough in the past week to believe in Andoni and his ways. Let's have patience and keep the faith : )

Ps I blame RT and his optimism, I'd have settled for a point away and beat them at home : )
I prefer to see it as 6-3 myself, which wouldn’t have been a terrible result.
We hit the bar, but for a foot, we would have had another goal.
It’s not as if you can say that we didn’t lay a glove on them because we clearly did.

We needed to meet them on a bad day but unfortunately we met them when they were having a great day.

Happy enough with that performance overall, just hoping that we haven’t lost Scott for too long. Onwards and upwards !

Commiserations to all of you who made the journey up there, in hope more than expectation. Great support :thumbup:

:utc:

Last edited:

;