Manchester United v AFC Bournemouth

“Bournemouth holding on for their lead”….well no, not really. Perhaps first 20, but last part of half has been even. Man U pace has slowed and haven’t created much at all

Good half, getting the home side booed off shows how it has gone. Need to see more from Semenyo, and that is credit to him based on his previous performances. Just been a little quiet except near the end. Solanke leading the line well but for me player of the half is Cook.

Good half, getting the home side booed off shows how it has gone. Need to see more from Semenyo, and that is credit to him based on his previous performances. Just been a little quiet except near the end. Solanke leading the line well but for me player of the half is Cook.
He's human. Maybe Sinisterra and Billing can have a go. Would love to see Brooks on too but not sure Andoni will give him the nod.

Another wonderful half of football from AFCB. Lewis Cook displayed tremendous anticipation and speed to set up Dom for a classy finish. The Cherries implemented the press from the outset (in contrast to the Palace game, I think) and were often able to thwart United from building up from the back. United did have good attacking spells, but I don't think I saw a single Bournemouth defender out of position. Really encouraging, marred only by a stupid yellow card against Tavernier. With the wingers available, I think I would take him off at half time to avoid the risk of going down a man.

Lots to like about that half.

What I like about this style is it seems to be effective both as a more defensive and counter attack approach like today or an all out attack approach like vs Newcastle or Sheffield United. The 2 holding midfielders are critical to that as they can sit a bit deeper if needed.

If we'd been a bit more precise in their area it'd be 2 or 3 nil already. Need the right subs to stop us tiring too much and retreating too far.

;