Marcelo Bielsa

Hopefully it works out. On paper and reading about his approach you can see why he’s generally loved by the fans of the clubs he manages.

Just not convinced about some aspects; long term (not even that long term really) he was probably getting Leeds relegated. Is he really what a club like ours needs for a long term project, given his journeymanlike approach to management? We seem to want people with a long term vision; maybe with our new ownership and generally patient approach, he might actually want to stick around. But so far in his career, at much bigger clubs, he hasn’t.

Do we have the players for how he wants to play? Not sure. Imo we’ve looked most dangerous with Moore and Solanke in together; is that how he operates, with 2 up top? Does he know how to work with a back 3? We do have a physically fit squad at least.

At the moment our weaknesses are back to being defensive ones, after a solid year and a half of Parkerball. Offensively we’re okay I think, it’s the set pieces and general defending that’s undoing us. Is Bielsa really the solution in this respect? Parkerball was dull at points but I did actually enjoy seeing us be defensively formidable for a change. I’d like attacking football, but personally I don’t need it to be dynamite at the cost of defensive naïvety.

But then again there’s the idea of knowing our station and standing. I think we’re a very attractive proposition on paper but with an element of risk. We’re not going to be attracting massive names in the way that Villa or others would. I memed on Bielsa a lot at Leeds but he is a big name, so to be linked with this calibre of manager is a good thing.

He will be back at Leeds soon..

He ain't coming..get over the Tw@t...and move on..
..We are Boscombe....Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic FC....they don't wanna come f√ck 'em...who gives a sh*t !
End of.

I saw that, they copy and paste from ‘football insider’ I’ll wait till KT or MM tweet.

Premier League: Bournemouth end their pursuit of former Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa - reports | Yorkshire Post

It gets better the Yorkshire Post references the Dorset Live article that references the Football Insider article. To their credit it's good they at least acknowledge their source.

After Parker, Gary O'Neil feels like winning £100 and Bielsa is a bit like this
look-at-what-you-could-have-won-win.gif

Really miss Jacob Tanswell’s reporting. Apart from when me and the better half met him outside Stoke’s Bet 365 Stadium and he later wrote warmly of the “elderly couple “ he met before the game. Damned cheeky young pup. Oh, morning Matron!
He was very good, wasn’t he? I often think what kinds coverage we’d get about the takeover/managerial thing with him still reporting.

On the day that Bielsa 'turns us down'... my advice to the Elite(s).....stay cool ..don't fret or get suicidal...see the day out.
Next morning...pull the curtains back and check that the Sun has still risen in the East. :cuppa:

Before anyone gets shirty and shorty about that...
apparently Lionel Messi has told the Argentine players ..
" Don't get upset if we don't win the World Cup...the Sun will still rise in the mornings." :yes:

;