Marcos Senesi

Usual emotional tosh. First half I don’t think was a tactical disaster. We were the better team which is all tactics can give you. We were undone by Senesi’s lack of pace and a deflection. The tactical master class was a playmaker instead of a centre half… genius.

Senesi was excellent today apart from the one moment it mattered. He has been great for weeks. I just think Kelly is better and the one that will go to a top club. Senesi is at his level. We will get proof of this in the future and if I’m wrong will happily stand corrected.

Happily? You've not admitted you were wrong about the quality of our signings yet..

Happily? You've not admitted you were wrong about the quality of our signings yet..
It’s a mixed bag, some players are good, I worry about FPP and we’ve wasted a lot of cash that we won’t get back. In short we could have done better for what we’ve spent. Again if we recoup the money or better and play consistently well I will happily say I was wrong.

Fully agree that FFP is a concern if we want to build upon what we already have next season.

We must be sailing close to the wind as it is now.

Dango and Traore is 40 million of players that are a bit hit and miss.

No signings are perfect, but when you spend 20 million on a player you should at least consider them to be well rounded players and what you need at this level.

If the young South American player has been signed for 5 million odd, that's the type of price range we will now be in if we are to keep our FFP obligations.

Usual emotional tosh. First half I don’t think was a tactical disaster. We were the better team which is all tactics can give you. We were undone by Senesi’s lack of pace and a deflection. The tactical master class was a playmaker instead of a centre half… genius.

Senesi was excellent today apart from the one moment it mattered. He has been great for weeks. I just think Kelly is better and the one that will go to a top club. Senesi is at his level. We will get proof of this in the future and if I’m wrong will happily stand corrected.
In my opinion Senesi is better than Kelly in every way apart from the situation he found himself in today for QPR’s first goal. Kelly would have eaten up that situation.

Senesi has an absolute wand of a left foot, scores goals as well as being a legitimate centre half who just naturally eats the ball up when it really matters.

With Kelly I feel like he’s a modern footballer blueprint in terms of his physically and pace and that’s partially why he’s highly rated. But, I feel he’s just not a natural centre half. Yes in some situations he’ll look like an absolute specimen but I have the impression, for example when things get crowded or you need a centre half’s instinct it’s just not there and things feel sketchy like they can do with Mepham.

I would agree Senesi probably not quick enough for top 6 for the speed reason. His defending and passing on current form yes he’s good enough for top 6. Kelly might improve his defensive skills enough to make it at a top 6 club but I don’t think he’s got it. Kelly will get a top 6 move but he won’t be able to keep his place and will end up being a back up. Like you say, I’m also happy to be proven wrong!

In my opinion Senesi is better than Kelly in every way apart from the situation he found himself in today for QPR’s first goal. Kelly would have eaten up that situation.

Senesi has an absolute wand of a left foot, scores goals as well as being a legitimate centre half who just naturally eats the ball up when it really matters.

With Kelly I feel like he’s a modern footballer blueprint in terms of his physically and pace and that’s partially why he’s highly rated. But, I feel he’s just not a natural centre half. Yes in some situations he’ll look like an absolute specimen but I have the impression, for example when things get crowded or you need a centre half’s instinct it’s just not there and things feel sketchy like they can do with Mepham.

I would agree Senesi probably not quick enough for top 6 for the speed reason. His defending and passing on current form yes he’s good enough for top 6. Kelly might improve his defensive skills enough to make it at a top 6 club but I don’t think he’s got it. Kelly will get a top 6 move but he won’t be able to keep his place and will end up being a back up. Like you say, I’m also happy to be proven wrong!
agree Senesi for me is a more natural CB while Kelly is the more athletic.

I think we are largely agreeing, I only said Kelly has more attributes for top clubs and is more likely to move to one. I didnt say he’d start every week as I’m with you.

Shouldn’t Aaron’s have been protecting that space in the first place?

Shouldn’t Aaron’s have been protecting that space in the first place?
Watch the goal again Rob, lots of angles on it. Armstrong had scored one professional goal in 44 games before he got the chance to run at Senesi. Fullbacks attack and get bypassed with the long ball all the time. It was a goal we wouldn’t have conceded had Zab or Kelly been on Armstrong.

He is world class! He gets better every game. I think if City were interested in him before, then they will be preparing a big money offer for him. I have never seen a defender with such incredible passing ability.
I really like Senesi but thought first half he was terrible - very weak on that first goal. Not at city’s level.

Kelly has never been beaten, ever....
Again emotional tosh. Kelly has been beaten loads of times like every defender. Not in a manner like that though. We aren’t debating if Senesi is good, we agree oh that. We are debating if he will get a move to a top club and I don’t think he will because of his pace. Mbappe etc in Europe is owning him every time. That’s how these clubs look at signings.

Again emotional tosh. Kelly has been beaten loads of times like every defender. Not in a manner like that though. We aren’t debating if Senesi is good, we agree oh that. We are debating if he will get a move to a top club and I don’t think he will because of his pace. Mbappe etc in Europe is owning him every time. That’s how these clubs look at signings.
Kelly's literally given the ball away for a team to score.

Nice to know you now agree Senesi is good. Took a while.

Kelly's literally given the ball away for a team to score.

Nice to know you now agree Senesi is good. Took a while.
I do think you don’t read what people say. I literally said Kelly has been beaten many times….

Senesi is a good third choice centre back. I’ve always felt that. If Kelly goes though we will need another faster cb to play alongside Zab and also a replacement left back. Not easy.

I do think you don’t read what people say. I literally said Kelly has been beaten many times….

Senesi is a good third choice centre back. I’ve always felt that. If Kelly goes though we will need another faster cb to play alongside Zab and also a replacement left back. Not easy.
Reading between the lines in Iraola’s and Foley’s latest press appearances, it sounds very likely that Kelly is leaving unfortunately.

Agree that he is going to be a tough one to replace.

Kelly got skinned like that against that Burnley winger.

It’s swings and roundabouts. Who would I rather have defending a long ball over the top? Kelly. Who would I rather have defending a ball into our penalty area? Senesi, every time. I’d imagine Kelly is more attractive to a top side due to the big teams tending to play high defensive lines, but does it mean that he’s a better player? Not necessarily.

How our 3rd choice CB managed to make it to the Premier league player of the month award god only knows. While also being CB during arguably the best run in the history of our club.

Imagine how well we would have played with a good CB back there...
You can be a good third choice? You’d expect all PL clubs to have three great centre half’s at least. He is on the list because he scored two, we are talking about his defending.

;