Mark E Smith RIP

Lord Snooty

Fans' Favourite
Always had a love of The Fall and Smith’s unique songwriting and musicianship.
A man who could rightly be called a legend.
RIP old chap.
Such sad news.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/fallnews/status/956247886630739975?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Eother

Ken, you must have some great anecdotes about aforementioned Terry. Would love hear them! And yes, rip Mark E Smith. A true original. He did not give a ****!

A band who's music was pretty much un-listenable to my ears but I realise he influenced a lot of people, so sad to lose someone like that as such an age.

Listening to 6music. Great Fall songs. I took Hit the North to DC in late 80s early 90s. Gave it to the announcer bloke and said 'play this at half time'. He said 'what is it?' I said 'just play it'. He did. Proper match day experience.

Not my bag but I remember John Peel being a big fan when I used to listen to his show back in the day , R.I.P

Saw them many times, and have many, but not all of their albums.

Extricate is a wonderful album. "Bill is dead" is sensitive in a way that many thought Smith incapable of.

I saw Brix and the Extricated last year - a band made up of ex-members of the band (including one of his ex-wives) and playing a number of old Fall songs - they were OK - but they just made me want to see the real thing - the one thing they couldn't replace was Mark E Smith himself.

Sadly that won't happen now.

RIP M.E.S. They genuinely won't make them like that anymore.

I think I will work my way through the complete Peel Sessions box set this weekend - the neighbours are really going to hate me.

;