Mark Sampson, non

Whether the allegations are true or not, I guess everyone will make their own minds up.

I honestly admit, I’ve never watched a women’s football match so have absolutely no idea what standard is played, but it’d be interesting to see how successful Mark Sampson would be managing a men’s team and at what level the club would be, who might give him the opportunity.

So how many enquiries did he pass and still they went after him. Seems to be a witch hunt by the FA and Parliament who also got involved and put pressure on.

Grumpy G - 21/9/2017 08:26

Don't know why anyone would want to work for them.

Because they pay you way more than anyone else would and fly you all over the world, and you only have to work part time. If you fail, you get a bonus payout and don't have to come to work anymore.

Sounds ideal!!

The Women had a far better tournament this Euros than they did under Hope Powell at the world cup (hence why she stood down and got replaced).

One individual player Aluko who has made allegations is one who was a prominent, ever present under Powell, but who fell down the pecking order under Sampson. That happens under any change of manager anywhere. More lately wasn't involved at all, obviously with this business going on.

How much truth is in her allegations we'll never know. Maybe Sampson really is an unpleasant bully of a person, and just hid it well? Various inquiries were undertaken, and the eventual reason for letting Sampson go wasn't related and was something historical 'newly found'.

The squad have since come out in support of Sampson and now Aluko is picking a fight with her former teammates. That suggests to me something isn't right here.

All very odd, and I can't help thinking he's been hard done by. At least he's left the team in better shape for whoever comes next than Hope Powell gave him. And in the bigger picture of progression for Women's football in England that's the main thing. Maybe Sampson will go onto other jobs.

If he's been drilling his players then he's a wrong 'un and even though they were above 16 it's still an abuse of a senior position. Not that it exonerates the FA, they knew this before, but it wasn't convenient at the time

redharry - 21/9/2017 09:06

So how many enquiries did he pass and still they went after him. Seems to be a witch hunt by the FA and Parliament who also got involved and put pressure on.

Exactly. :110:

Women in Football (WiF) are deeply concerned by the revelations surrounding Mark Sampson’s employment as England manager.

WiF understands that questions over Sampson’s suitability for the role were flagged to the FA as early as 2013 during the recruitment process. The safeguarding investigation of 2014, Sampson being sent on an education course in 2015, Eniola Aluko’s complaint in 2016 and Dame Tanni Grey Thompson’s Duty of Care report published in April 2017 were all missed opportunities for the governing body to more closely examine the issues.

https://www.womeninfootball.co.uk/news/2017/09/21/official-statement-mark-sampson/

northstandmark - 21/9/2017 10:37

The Women had a far better tournament this Euros than they did under Hope Powell at the world cup (hence why she stood down and got replaced).

One individual player Aluko who has made allegations is one who was a prominent, ever present under Powell, but who fell down the pecking order under Sampson. That happens under any change of manager anywhere. More lately wasn't involved at all, obviously with this business going on.

How much truth is in her allegations we'll never know. Maybe Sampson really is an unpleasant bully of a person, and just hid it well? Various inquiries were undertaken, and the eventual reason for letting Sampson go wasn't related and was something historical 'newly found'.

The squad have since come out in support of Sampson and now Aluko is picking a fight with her former teammates. That suggests to me something isn't right here.

All very odd, and I can't help thinking he's been hard done by. At least he's left the team in better shape for whoever comes next than Hope Powell gave him. And in the bigger picture of progression for Women's football in England that's the main thing. Maybe Sampson will go onto other jobs.

Far too early to judge if he's been hard done by or not with very few facts in the public domain regarding the incident(s) that's cost him his job.

It's also not quite so straight forward as Aluko vs her England coach and team mates either.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41019789

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/14/fa-mark-sampson-inquiry-drew-spence-eni-aluko

https://mobile.twitter.com/liannesanderson?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If I was shagging one of my subordinates, I'd fully expect an investigation, and possible disciplinary action. Unless it could be proven that it was a serious relationship. If I was shagging several of them then the book would be thrown at me, especially if I'd been working with them since they were children

4FCB - 21/9/2017 09:03

Whether the allegations are true or not, I guess everyone will make their own minds up.

I honestly admit, I’ve never watched a women’s football match so have absolutely no idea what standard is played, but it’d be interesting to see how successful Mark Sampson would be managing a men’s team and at what level the club would be, who might give him the opportunity.

It will also be interesting to see if he boffs any of his players if he gets a job in the men's game.

SlowDownDerek - 21/9/2017 18:33

4FCB - 21/9/2017 09:03

It will also be interesting to see if he boffs any of his players if he gets a job in the men's game.

Could then go on to present Top Gear :120:

Methinks you may have misunderstood the term "boff" :grin:

Actually it seems the verb has two meanings!!!

cockbeard - 21/9/2017 14:05

If I was shagging one of my subordinates, I'd fully expect an investigation, and possible disciplinary action. Unless it could be proven that it was a serious relationship.

Since when has a workplace relationship been against the rules ?

So anyone in a senior position to someone else cant shag them ..give over.

;