Martin Atkinson

His performance today was on par with ours?

Very difficult to criticise when we were so poor second half but his pretend stopping of his watch when they were time wasting was ridiculous. He didn't stop it at all.

Until they do something about time wasting (in Burnleys case from the 44th minute) then it will carry on. At the moment it falls into Dyches hands because he takes even more time pretending to speak to them about the time wasting.

If we had been pushing for a winner or equalizer I would have been furious with only 4 minutes added on. As it was it was way too much extra!!!!!!!!!! :shake:

I was gone when the 4 minute sign went up....the bladder was calling, I usually hang around.

To add insult to Injury that easterly breeze carried the sound of the Burnley fans back to Queens Park and beyond.....I hate that easterly when we lose.

One of their players (Mee?) held Wilson back twice in the first half but nothing was given but he stopped play a couple of times for a similar offence of ours. Poor with time wasting. Ball has gone out for 3rd goal.

Just adds to the woeful refs we have had This year

Looked very much like it from my side of the north stand.

They showed a replay looking down the line and the whole ball was clearly not over the line. Sorry.

The fact that Brooks stopped playing and put his hands in the air was the kind of thing I'd expect from someone the age that he looks like he is rather than actually is.

They showed a replay looking down the line and the whole ball was clearly not over the line. Sorry.

The fact that Brooks stopped playing and put his hands in the air was the kind of thing I'd expect from someone the age that he looks like he is rather than actually is.

Thanks I haven’t seen a replay. We were all shouting at the ref saying it was out and most of our players also thought the same but if it wasn’t, it wasn’t.

No it hadn't.

Most in the ground thought otherwise, hence some of the stuff you are reading on here. I was on the line and thought it was 50/50.

My first thought was to play the bloody whistle but the crowd reaction probably affected play, well it did !

That’s the thing, always play until you hear the whistle even if you thought it had gone out.

That summed up our afternoon and the AFCB fan at half-time who put the ball wide after the two Burnley fans netted theirs. :grinning:

I timed Heaton's goal kicks. Each one took 30 seconds or more from the ball going out of play. If there were 10 goal kicks in the 2nd half, that means we sat for five minutes in the 2nd half just waiting for goal kicks to be taken. And thats before we talk about any other instances of blatant timewasting.

I know we are no angels either away from home, but the Laws are there to deal with it.
If it had been my game, he would have got a hurry-up after the first, a strong word after the second and a caution after the third. Same with their players standing in front of the ball delaying us taking free-kicks.

I timed Heaton's goal kicks. Each one took 30 seconds or more from the ball going out of play. If there were 10 goal kicks in the 2nd half, that means we sat for five minutes in the 2nd half just waiting for goal kicks to be taken. And thats before we talk about any other instances of blatant timewasting.

I know we are no angels either away from home, but the Laws are there to deal with it.
If it had been my game, he would have got a hurry-up after the first, a strong word after the second and a caution after the third. Same with their players standing in front of the ball delaying us taking free-kicks.
Gotta be changes in the rules to really address this. 10 seconds to put the ball back into play, or ball goes over to other side. Same with throw-ins. But, won't ever happen.

I've never seen a contrast so large in how a team plays when behind / in front as Burnley today. Miraculous transformation into ultra cynical bastards on about 30 minutes, whereas prior they were perfectly normal.

There must be a codeword that Dyche shouts to activate the wa*ker protocol in his players.

Not a great ref...but then most aren’t these days.....but the reason that we lost was atrocious defending and awful penetration!

Only Ake comes out of that game for us with any credit !

Whatever happens to the ball when we havent got it.....is our fault for not having it....or being at the wrong end of the pitch...said Brian Clough, sometime between Euro Cups in a previous Century!

Shall we get the Paras to put up a picture of Dyche and the refs from the past few games onto a practice target....oh.. and Gosser!

Or maybe set up a mock- up of Dubai in a large Circus Marquee at Kings Park for the players to prepare for Fulham, Brighton and Saints! I can borrow some large heat generators from the Eden project here in Cornwall.

;