Match Report and MOM v Brum

Great report, brilliantly written as always.

I agree with all the positives on what was a great result but just a couple of observations. Firstly we don't leave anyone up top when defending corners. I get that Dom has an important role but I think we need someone to stay up to occupy their CBs and to give us some sort of outlet.

Secondly, we need to play the ball forwards quicker. Dom was constantly on the shoulder of the City but the ball rarely got played. We have to gamble sometimes and play it earlier, we are just a bit too safe at times when we don't need to be.

All things that can be worked on and at the end of the day we got the result so you might say who cares!

Great report, brilliantly written as always.

I agree with all the positives on what was a great result but just a couple of observations. Firstly we don't leave anyone up top when defending corners. I get that Dom has an important role but I think we need someone to stay up to occupy their CBs and to give us some sort of outlet.

Secondly, we need to play the ball forwards quicker. Dom was constantly on the shoulder of the City but the ball rarely got played. We have to gamble sometimes and play it earlier, we are just a bit too safe at times when we don't need to be.

All things that can be worked on and at the end of the day we got the result so you might say who cares!
Good to be working these things out while winning. Regarding the nobody up front at corners I’ve never understood this either but after four managers in a row doing it I’ve kind of given up and assume they must know a lot more than I do!

Urgh, feel like I’m labouring a point like a VAR assistant but as if by magic, afcbtv has now posted the Alt angle of Doms goal, pretty sure he “groined it” into his path and the hand movement is consistent with his running - plenty of debate still going on in the facebook comments though (probably Lee Bowyers mum :) )

Worth watching again to hear the passion of the crowd and players celebrating - thank goodness football is back to normal!

E90CE3D6-B8F9-4B29-BA6F-3BDBEB5897DB.jpeg

Urgh, feel like I’m labouring a point like a VAR assistant but as if by magic, afcbtv has now posted the Alt angle of Doms goal, pretty sure he “groined it” into his path and the hand movement is consistent with his running - plenty of debate still going on in the facebook comments though (probably Lee Bowyers mum :) )

Worth watching again to hear the passion of the crowd and players celebrating - thank goodness football is back to normal!

View attachment 6234
Yes, saw another angle and then changed my mind again. From the right angle you can see that actually he doesn't use his hand but merely his upper thigh/groin area to knock the ball down.
Clearly this one wasn't clear ;), since two different replays have given me two different opinions, where in each case I was absolutely certain of that opinion :p

So now I say no hand ball, accidental or otherwise, and Bowyer can definitely stop crying now. Your team got the result they deserved, get over it and try to do better next time.

:utc:

A tactical question: When Solanke chased the through ball for the goal, why did their right back not go for it? He looked nearer.

;