Match Report and MOM v Burnley

They all looked big, strong and bloody athletic.

Fair play to McNeil (31) - that guy ripped us a new one and certainly wasn't in the hoof ball mould. They might struggle to hang onto him.

But they still hoofed the ball up to the front men 90% of the time. Hardly next gen tactics.

Totally agree with you Neil. Send a copy to Eddie and his coaching team.

Just can't believe how we have come to this after that 4-0 win against Chelsea.

We just can't handle a team who have guys up front who are big, strong and mobile and with a team ethos of being streetwise to the point of bullying the opposition.

They play very much like Wimbledon did when they were in the top flight.

After their third went in their defence went high and our forwards hardly got a sniff.

I have gone on before about the cosiness and lack of top class experience of Eddie's coaching acolytes. Who out of them are brave enough to question Eddie at all? Our players have more top flight experience than any of the coaching team. As you say Neil something needs to change.

Fair report as always, altough I tought King did ok, he was the only one trying to create anything but had to keep coming so deep just to get the ball! Agree he was wasteful though.

Today is definitely the lowest point for me since we have been in the PL. The team is shot to bits and as many people have said, we need a big change before next season. Burnley coasted to victory just through being organised. I am going to Brighton next week and the only hope I have is that we can make a game of it!

You might want to consider staying on the bus and carrying on to Eastbourne , a much better day out or even nip further along to Hastings and sort out a few of those Norman fella's on the beach ?

not sure how brooks merited a 6?
his back pass of a shot roughly 60 seconds before their first goal was pathetic
young player who's made the mistake of believing the hype of a couple of decent performances

We just can't handle a team who have guys up front who are big, strong and mobile and with a team ethos of being streetwise to the point of bullying the opposition.
It’s not just physical sides. We can’t handle teams that have any kind of decent players up front. Big players score against us, small players score against us, tricky wingers score against us and any forward with a bit of pace rips us a new one.

Totally agree with you Neil. Send a copy to Eddie and his coaching team.

Just can't believe how we have come to this after that 4-0 win against Chelsea.

They play very much like Wimbledon did when they were in the top flight.

After their third went in their defence went high and our forwards hardly got a sniff.

I have gone on before about the cosiness and lack of top class experience of Eddie's coaching acolytes. Who out of them are brave enough to question Eddie at all? Our players have more top flight experience than any of the coaching team. As you say Neil something needs to change.
Yes, but neither Neil or you said this after that Chelsea match did you?

I think Solanke's mark was so he could be roped into the point Neil wanted to make about coaching, which is an odd point as most of the others he's cited (Ibe Mousett, Rico) haven't gone backwards they've simply not improved - keepers aside, which is a separate argument. The transfer policy argument would be a better criticism for them tbf.

It was awful though, I agree with that.

Totally disagree. Mousset has definitely got worse this year than last. Rico looked good on his debut at Chelsea and had got worse and Ibe has disappeared after his semi ok performances in previous seasons.

not sure how brooks merited a 6?
his back pass of a shot roughly 60 seconds before their first goal was pathetic
young player who's made the mistake of believing the hype of a couple of decent performances
I've said it before and i will say it again, an over rated player.
Pugh is much better. not as quick but a much better footballing brain.

It's funny though as everytime their keeper or defence had the ball they would hoof it up to the big forwards efficiently,yet when our midfielders lost the ball,their midfield played through us so easily with crisp passing.They looked the better team in possession,strange old game

Totally disagree. Mousset has definitely got worse this year than last. Rico looked good on his debut at Chelsea and had got worse and Ibe has disappeared after his semi ok performances in previous seasons.

So Mousset got better then got worse? I also disagree with you on Ibe, he's not improved or gone backwards, he's just been the same flakey player in all his seasons here. The Rico point is just wrong, his debut wasn't Chelsea because he was crap at Burnley the previous game - got taken off at half time, which probably would have happened today if he'd have started.

Even if you were right are we all supposed to ignore all of the players that clearly have improved under Howe? Fraser, King, Wilson, Cook, Ake, Stanislas...

You've lost your 'failed transfer policy' (TM) argument this year and are clearly grasping for an alternative.

So Mousset got better then got worse? I also disagree with you on Ibe, he's not improved or gone backwards, he's just been the same flakey player in all his seasons here. The Rico point is just wrong, his debut wasn't Chelsea because he was crap at Burnley the previous game - got taken off at half time, which probably would have happened today if he'd have started.

Even if you were right are we all supposed to ignore all of the players that clearly have improved under Howe? Fraser, King, Wilson, Cook, Ake, Stanislas...

You've lost your 'failed transfer policy' (TM) argument this year and are clearly grasping for an alternative.
I thought his debut was Chelsea away

So what is going wrong then ? Because as a team we have gone drastically backwards this season .

Rather than your normal hobby of just trashing what I say what are your thoughts then on what’s gone wrong. Genuinely interested.

Actually, for the first third of the season we took a huge step forwards and look a threat for 7th or maybe even 6th if we could perform against the big clubs.

However, then came that run of games against the top six in which we had some ok performances where we suffered at the hands of officials and some poor performances where we were well beaten. With one exception. We simply haven't been the same since the first few of those matches.

If that was before Burnley then fair enough. Neil must be right in that our dreadful training staff made him crap in a matter of a week after that game.

Mmm... bit harsh. My point was he was confident at Chelsea but then became very confused. Yes that can happen in a week. It can happen in five minutes if you get asked to play a certain way in a system that doesn’t suit you.

We destroyed Defoe from a prolific scorer in a defensive team to an impotent no mark in an attacking team in less than a week because we didn’t play to his strengths.

Rather than your normal hobby of just trashing what I say what are your thoughts then on what’s gone wrong. Genuinely interested.

I think they have been safe pretty much all season since their blistering start, which has seen them drop intensity against teams who want it more. I think the injuries during the winter period of difficult fixtures has sapped confidence. I think we've got a goalkeeper crisis. I think we've got a couple of key players with half an eye on a summer move. I think we've got one decent fullback and I think we've got a promising rookie CB who takes two steps forward and one back as is to be expected.

;