Match report and MOM v Burton

If that as Ibe's last chance then at last the problem is solved. Run his contract down and learn out lesson Liverpool rip of us and we don't seem to learn.

I’m most worried by the performances of the CBs. Sooner or later we’ll need to play Mepham and/or Simpson against serious PL opposition - what then? We’ll get a few performances out of Francis but the guy is 34, has had a major setback and is barely off the physio’s couch.

All fingers crossed that S Cook and Ake stay free of injury.

I think it’s harsh and quite knee jerk to be so critical of individual player’s performances when it’s been proven time and time again that throwing an untried group together in the cups simply does not work. For people to now be writing Solanke off after this game is a total over reaction imo, he has performed well in the league so far this season and offers the team something different as a number ten. Fraser was also poor last night but we all know that he is more than good enough so let’s not go writing players off based on that. What I will say re Solanke is that he seems far more comfortable as a deep forward than an out and out striker from what we have seen so far.

I’m most worried by the performances of the CBs. Sooner or later we’ll need to play Mepham and/or Simpson against serious PL opposition - what then? We’ll get a few performances out of Francis but the guy is 34, has had a major setback and is barely off the physio’s couch.

All fingers crossed that S Cook and Ake stay free of injury.
Imo this is the weakest area of the squad. Mepham and to a lesser extent Simpson both have great potential but you would not trust either to be in the first 11 at the moment. We will have to pray that Franno still has it in him to cover at cb.

Listening on the radio and reading various comments, it seems to me that our team were playing a Sunday morning kick about down the local rec.
Instead of showcasing their apparent talents.
Very. Disappointed

With some other results last night I think it also shows the lack of quality in the PL outside the top 6.

Once these clubs put their 2nd string out against League 1 or 2 sides, they struggle.

Going to be a cracking game at the weekend with both teams oozing confidence on the back of the Cup.
Would love to see Danjuma sneak into the team / benc but would be worried if Mepham or Kelly made it. Mepham does have a worrying lack of pace and to spot late (coupled with his pace) balls over the top.

I think it’s harsh and quite knee jerk to be so critical of individual player’s performances when it’s been proven time and time again that throwing an untried group together in the cups simply does not work. For people to now be writing Solanke off after this game is a total over reaction imo, he has performed well in the league so far this season and offers the team something different as a number ten. Fraser was also poor last night but we all know that he is more than good enough so let’s not go writing players off based on that. What I will say re Solanke is that he seems far more comfortable as a deep forward than an out and out striker from what we have seen so far.

I don’t think anyone is writing anyone off based on this game. If you were you’d want Kelly sold which would be nonsense.

If people are being written off it’s using this game in the context of all the games they have played. Saying someone isn’t up to our first team isn’t writing them off. Not starting in a top ten premier league side isn’t exactly being ‘written off’.

I don’t think anyone is writing anyone off based on this game. If you were you’d want Kelly sold which would be nonsense.

If people are being written off it’s using this game in the context of all the games they have played. Saying someone isn’t up to our first team isn’t writing them off. Not starting in a top ten premier league side isn’t exactly being ‘written off’.
Obviously when talking about writing a player off we are talking about whether they will be good enough for us, I’d have thought that much would be pretty clear. Of course all players that can’t make it at the required level will go on to have careers lower down the pyramid, tbh I find that comment slightly pedantic. In regards to your other point I think the problem is that despite what you say people do indeed over react and form rash judgements based on a player’s previous performance. I’ve seen more than one comment saying that we should sell Solanke after last night, completely ignoring that he has had a positive impact on the team in the previous two games (imo of course but many will agree with this) This to me would appear very reactionary based on last nights performance.

Get Surridge Back.....my daughter and her man are Swansea fans....they tell me he could be a sensation in the PL "' in Bournemouths style of play".....their reasoning is that his 100% effort and the fact that he is always alert to trying new ways of getting past a defence will get him goals!

Obviously when talking about writing a player off we are talking about whether they will be good enough for us, I’d have thought that much would be pretty clear. Of course all players that can’t make it at the required level will go on to have careers lower down the pyramid, tbh I find that comment slightly pedantic. In regards to your other point I think the problem is that despite what you say people do indeed over react and form rash judgements based on a player’s previous performance. I’ve seen more than one comment saying that we should sell Solanke after last night, completely ignoring that he has had a positive impact on the team in the previous two games (imo of course but many will agree with this) This to me would appear very reactionary based on last nights performance.

I wasn’t being pedantic, just thought the words ‘written off’ were quite strong but will take your feedback on board!

I don’t think people are judging players on one performance. Nobody is ‘writing off’ Cook or Fraser on last night. They are ‘writing off’ a winger we have had for four seasons and a centre forward who has 1 goal in nearly 40 apps neither of which showed any inclination to bust a gut for the fans last night even though at 35m of cash parted they owe the club some pay back.

Glad we have a few sensible people left on this board. Anyone writing Solanke off now is being very strange! He's just had two very decent PL games, first time he has had that chance back to back. He'll be a good player to use going forward.

;