Match Report and MOM v Chelsea...

They bought dirt cheap green belt land miles out of town and rail-roaded the council into granting permission. They also own Pittodrie and will sell it for housing as part of the deal. Even so the fall in Aberdeen House prices has put the project at risk.

What cheap site do you think we should use? Maybe we could build it in Aberdeen? What land are we going to sell to fund it? Obviously you know best but us clueless idiots think that these factors might just push the construction costs up towards £100m down here.

The new ground will yield £3m - £5m a year on top of what we make now on match days... that's if we don't get relegated in the 20 years it would take to pay off, in which case we'd be making less matchday money than we do now.

All just an opinion though.
I’ve heard a lot of people mention this point that it’s not financially beneficial to build a new ground. I’d be interested to know what the difference would be in the potential budget we could spend in the championship (if we ever end up there) with crowds of 15,000 compared to around the 10,000 we would get. Would it make a huge difference? In this league all the money is in the tv deal so understand why it isn’t financially viable. We would end up like Reading playing in a half empty big ground. Bottom line is without a rich benefactor who can find a new ground from his own pockets I don’t think that it’s financially possible for us to achieve and remain competitive at a decent level.

I realize it would be more than the 50m the Aberdeen stadium cost but nowhere near the couple of hundred million that Waz AFCB was suggesting.
I was just asking tbf. I don’t actually know, I just seem to vaguely remember that Brighton’s cost similar... I think!!

I was just asking tbf. I don’t actually know, I just seem to vaguely remember that Brighton’s cost similar... I think!!
I don't think anyone knows for sure mate, probably not even the club, although you'd like to think they'd have more idea than us.

But wouldn’t it cost circa a couple of hundred million to build a new stadium? It’s not like it was a choice between Solanke and a new ground?
I agree that Solankes money would not pay for a stadium. But how much does a club actually fork out on its own stadium ?
Would there not be a massive amount of private and corporate investment ?
A modern stadium is also multi use. I use Brighton as an example with their impressive AMEX stadium

I agree that Solankes money would not pay for a stadium. But how much does a club actually fork out on its own stadium ?
Would there not be a massive amount of private and corporate investment ?
A modern stadium is also multi use. I use Brighton as an example with their impressive AMEX stadium

Yes, they would fund it with private investment money usually and private investors would want a return on their investment - which is what I've been banging on about.

Multi-use doesn't come with all that much return though. How many gigs can a stadium in Bournemouth get when competing against the BIC and two bigger venues in Southampton?

Brighton's ground only happened because their sugar daddy was prepared to put his hand in his pocket and take the financial hit. They are in massive debt to him for it.

;