Match Report and MOM v Citeh...

Anyway.. Here we are 'mixing it' with Super Mancs, Cosmic Scousers and Biggy Wiggy London clubs...and the Great Wolverhampton Wanderers even!

Bolton and Bury mixing it with Banks and EFL Nerds.

Some Bournemouth people happily trot along to Victoria Park and watch the Poppies mixing it with CowSh#t Mobs from Outer and Inner Wiltshire.......
Funny ol game ! Are we happy? You'd bet your last Werther we are !

We'll agree to disagree on the Sheff U game.

However Rico not getting on against Citeh was only part of the story.

I too initially saw it as him simply being out of favour but then Ibe replaced Smith at RB in the same game.

So then our full backs were two attacking wingers facing Man City, a game that's guaranteed to see them pinned back 90% of the time.

People around me thought EH had a game plan with the substitutions and defenders weren't part of it.

But, although we were always chasing a point, the realities of playing the top side in the PL meant we might not have any choice but just defend and defend and defend, etc.

Either way, Eddie's substitution decisions have me flummoxed so far.
We didn't play full backs against Citeh .....we played wing backs.....as Tinpot mentioned earlier the only way that system has ever worked for us is if we play wingers in that role......putting Rico on in place of Daniels might have been ok if we were hanging to something but we weren't.... we were trying to get back into the game.....ultimately that might have cost us a extra goal but it was the right thing to do.

Agree with this. Generally we hold our own pretty well in a good old ding dong. We always struggle badly when teams pay us too much respect and are happy to just sit back. We need to be better at creating goals in these sorts of games. It is another area where I would like to see an improvement this season. With those sorts of opponents we might need to score from a corner or a free kick, it could be our only opportunity. This is why I think the importance of using corner kicks and free kicks effectively should not be underestimated and if we are lacking in that department it is definitely something worth spending valuable training time on to improve it. With Stanislas out it seems H.Wilson should be our go to man for free kicks from now on. Those taking the corner kicks should be given more training time to focus on the accuracy of their delivery. These small details can change results, our corners against City were by and large completely toothless.
Indeed. But apart from corners and set pieces, we just need to be able to score from outside the box. I don't know what last year's stats were like, but it seems like 80% of our shots from outside the box (that don't get blocked) aren't even on target. Hopefully Billing and H Wilson can fix this. Once teams know you can score from outside the area, it opens up space inside.
When they know you have to pass your way into the box to score, you're toast.

Indeed. But apart from corners and set pieces, we just need to be able to score from outside the box. I don't know what last year's stats were like, but it seems like 80% of our shots from outside the box (that don't get blocked) aren't even on target. Hopefully Billing and H Wilson can fix this. Once teams know you can score from outside the area, it opens up space inside.
When they know you have to pass your way into the box to score, you're toast.
Unless you're Manchester City.

Rather than stopping reading the reports I think you need to read them more carefully. ;)It was a good performance and I don’t know how many times I had to write that for you to read it.
Eddie came straight out after disappointed with the defending for the goals but we are not allowed to point it out because we were playing Man C?
They did cut through us, but never got behind Ake or Cook. It was always Mepham with Smith. That’s a fact, it’s not scapegoating. They scored from our throw in. Eddie went ballistic but I have to write a report saying it was Aguero and we are not worthy?
Rico switched off for a free kick v Sheff U and was subsequently dropped for the next game and had to watch a right winger playing left back on the third game. Again, facts... not scapegoating. Scapegoating is blaming a player for relegation not the errors of one game.
We did play well. I personally have a view five at the back doesn’t suit us until we learn to play it properly, I also said whatever system we played was highly likely to get beaten.
I think you are looking for stuff that isn’t there.

Stuff that isn't there?

The problem is that the same old shite is almost always there....

Find someone to blame, have a dig at Gosling, deliver an homage to Arter, you even got in the never-popular-but-repeatedly-dragged-up sly dig at our coaching.

I only needed 'failed transfer policy' for a full house!

It's a match report, a report about what happened over roughly 90 minutes of one match... but somehow Gosling (long term injured), Arter (long since departed), and our coaching standards all made their the umpteenth appearances.

Inexplicably Arter also made it into the Sheff Utd Match Report...

WTF is a Championship level player, who hasn't started a competitive game for us since 1st Jan 2018, and was bang average long before then, doing in two of our current PL match reports?!

The cliché goes that it's a sign of madness to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome... so I'm clearly batshit for repeatedly reading the Match Reports and expecting something new or objective.

Anyway, you'll be relieved to know I'm done with this.

Just like I've stopped listening to the nonsense from the pundits on Sky, MOTD, TalkSport, etc I'm not wasting anymore time on these match reports either. I'll leave you to your echo chamber.

Stuff that isn't there?

Find someone to blame, have a dig at Gosling, deliver an homage to Arter, you even got in the never-popular-but-repeatedly-dragged-up sly dig at our coaching.

It's a match report, a report about what happened over roughly 90 minutes of one match... but somehow Gosling (long term injured), Arter (long since departed), and our coaching standards all made their the umpteenth appearances.

WTF is a Championship level player, who hasn't started a competitive game for us since 1st Jan 2018, and was bang average long before then, doing in two of our current PL match reports?!

The cliché goes that it's a sign of madness to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome... so I'm clearly batshit for repeatedly reading the Match Reports and expecting something new or objective.

Just like I've stopped listening to the nonsense from the pundits on Sky, MOTD, TalkSport, etc I'm not wasting anymore time on these match reports either. I'll leave you to your echo chamber.
So you've stopped listening to everyone!.....:D....did you ever wonder if perhaps they're right and you're wrong?

So you've stopped listening to everyone!.....:D....did you ever wonder if perhaps they're right and you're wrong?

Not everyone.

I have full respect for Kris Temple on Solent. The fella who stands in does a good job too.

You might enjoy listening to Shearer, Lineker, Savage et al constantly spouting ill-informed shite about our team but, unlike some, I'm bored of it and realise I have a choice and can off switch.

Don't worry, if posters were pundits you'd be Michael Owen, at best ;)

Stuff that isn't there?

You’ll be back ;)

Stuff that isn't there?

I must admit whilst I record MOTD, these days I generally watch the AFCB bits and generally disappointed with the minimal comments about our team. We hardly had a mention for the Sheffield match.
I don't listen to Talksport as I understand it's deliberately controversial to generate debate.
I used to like Monday Night Club on Five live at 7pm (on Monday's surprisingly :) ) but just irritated by the general Big 6 love in.

Chill, life's too short..

Not everyone.

I have full respect for Kris Temple on Solent. The fella who stands in does a good job too.

You might enjoy listening to Shearer, Lineker, Savage et al constantly spouting ill-informed shite about our team but, unlike some, I'm bored of it and realise I have a choice and can off switch.

Don't worry, if posters were pundits you'd be Michael Owen, at best ;)
Lol.....I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of the punditry talents of Michael Owen if i were you Brummy.....for all his shortcomings in that department and there are many....i'd be fairly confident that he'd know the difference between a full back and a wing back....:p

Stuff that isn't there?

Fair enough. That’s a shame though mate, I always value your comments back which are always well put.

I will take your feedback on board though. Been doing these a long time so may well have got a bit repetitive. I will take another look.

Lol.....I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of the punditry talents of Michael Owen if i were you Brummy.....for all his shortcomings in that department and there are many....i'd be fairly confident that he'd know the difference between a full back and a wing back....:p
Lets hope he knows the difference between a colt and a gelding.:wave:

I must admit whilst I record MOTD, these days I generally watch the AFCB bits and generally disappointed with the minimal comments about our team. We hardly had a mention for the Sheffield match.
I don't listen to Talksport as I understand it's deliberately controversial to generate debate.
I used to like Monday Night Club on Five live at 7pm (on Monday's surprisingly :) ) but just irritated by the general Big 6 love in.

Chill, life's too short..
Monday Night Club was really good I thought , but definitely gone downhill and yes all Big 6 gang bang most of the time ...

Put one of those inflatable dummies on a box or pedestal ( to arrive at the approximate height of a jumping AFCB player )

Or a wardrobe perhaps? Though to get the height right he might need to stoop a little

The thing about corners, I doubt they're getting chased off the training pitches by Bournemouth Electric U12s who have a game to play, it's not 93 anymore. Nothing stopping the corner takers going back out for an hour

Or a wardrobe perhaps? Though to get the height right he might need to stoop a little

The thing about corners, I doubt they're getting chased off the training pitches by Bournemouth Electric U12s who have a game to play, it's not 93 anymore. Nothing stopping the corner takers going back out for an hour
Exactly. A little extra training focused on an area where there is room for improvement should also be within the scope of the wages we are paying. If you’re good at corners it’s a cheap assist for the corner taker too, if he’s interested in chasing stats. Should be no problem and sounds like it could be quite good fun too !

;