Match Report and MOM v Everton

Massive confidence boost today. I still regard Everton as a huge club, maybe some of the players do, despite their form; and Eddie won't face many more experienced managers than Allerdyce especially on defence.

Massive confidence boost today. I still regard Everton as a huge club, maybe some of the players do, despite their form; and Eddie won't face many more experienced managers than Allerdyce especially on defence. Why does post show twice if you only press submit once?

northstandmark - 30/12/2017 19:47
If only we could cut out the bloody mad balls ups at the back, we'd be comfortable. Our defence is only ever a few touches of the ball away from a cock up...

This. This. THIS!

< breathes out slowly >

Anyway, it was a good team performance. Delighted with the win and enjoyed the roof coming off when the second goal went in.

Ake and Wee Man obviously stood out.

Begovic, Smith, Lewis Cook, Gosling and Wilson were all also very good.

Elsewhere Francis and S Cook continue to challenge each other for the 'who can wildly miss-kick the ball and/or cock up the worst' award.

Overall though, it was a good day

Talking of John Motson, I thought the commentary on MOTD was just a tad odd and a bit uncomfortable.

excellent win, kept going to the very end. Great team spirit. Crowd got behind the team and it makes a difference. Play like that and we will have no problem.

Thanks for the reports this year Neil (and all of the other folk who have chipped in along the way). Despite our battles on various subjects I usually broadly agree with your reading of the game.

It's not been the best seasons for various reasons but it's great that we have seen such a positive reaction from the players in the last two games. Feeling very positive going into the new year.

Redpost - 30/12/2017 23:53

Talking of John Motson, I thought the commentary on MOTD was just a tad odd and a bit uncomfortable.

It did have quite a retro feel to it but that has always been typical John Motson.

paul49 - 31/12/2017 07:47

It did have quite a retro feel to it but that has always been typical John Motson.

I'm reasonably confident MotD do a lot of retrofitting commentary. There are a few too many prescient and conveniently timed remarks about clubs maybe making a comeback just before they score and so on for them all to be in the original coverage.

kirsikka - 31/12/2017 08:35

paul49 - 31/12/2017 07:47

I'm reasonably confident MotD do a lot of retrofitting commentary. There are a few too many prescient and conveniently timed remarks about clubs maybe making a comeback just before they score and so on for them all to be in the original coverage.

Its been like that a long time for Motson. Mostley becuase he makes so many mistakes and cockups. They re record many parts and he obviously takes it on himself to sound clever by predicting whats going to happen in a match already finished.

The 3-3 Everton game was the only commentary that didnt go crazy when Everton scored to make it 3-2. Motty just calmly said that Bournemouth will have to see if they can come back again. As if it wasnt 90+6 at this point.

David Moyes was at DC yesterday watching the game. Would have thought on the sidelines for our previous game v West Ham would have been enough of a preview for our forthcoming away game later this month.

One can speculate for other reasons

Watched MOTD last night. Was really impressed with Ake and how he spotted Sigurdssons run, and belted back to block his shot. His anticipation and awareness were excellent.

Almost all commentaries are retro fitted. You can see the commentators at the match and they aren’t commentating...they watch, soak it all in... then do the commentary after by choosing the moments they want to concentrate on.

Only live games are commentated on.

Neil Dawson - 31/12/2017 20:41

Almost all commentaries are retro fitted. You can see the commentators at the match and they aren’t commentating...they watch, soak it all in... then do the commentary after by choosing the moments they want to concentrate on.

Only live games are commentated on.
There are live English commentary teams for every game — they’re just not all broadcast live in the UK.
I guess you’re talking specifically about pundits?

;