Match Report and Mom v Man U

A bit simplistic ND. I think most people are simply unsure as to what has caused Harrys fall from favour. We know of a few injury niggles but everything else is speculation. I know one thing though, if EH thinks Harry is fit to play he will play him. Don't forget he was seconds from coming on as sub v Spurs until they scored their 2nd.

I always think it’s interesting that when a player improves it’s down to Eddie and when a goalkeeper gets worse it’s down to coaching but when Harry gets worse it’s his fault.

He wasn’t that bad. Were people at Brighton? He dropped below his standards consistently but a 80% Arter is the equal of a 100% Surman in my book. Why can’t we coach and motivate a player that good?

I agree with this - he wasn't on top form but he's got to be worth giving another chance to at some point. We probably don't know the half of it though.

You think Eddie can't coach After then Neil? I appreciate we've just lost so you're back on top form but that was an interesting comment which you might expand on?

I thought you did coaching, so you'll know that Eddies always credits players for their improvements and rightly so. Sure he's there to guide and develop players but he can't do it on his own.

Likewise for performance dips. There may be many reasons why that happens. Personal, or fall-outs with the coaching team, or even just fatigue.

Either way the player is ultimately the one who does.

Arter’s problem was he became Surman with his passing and Vinnie Jones with his tackling.

It’s actually OK to play like Surman in the right system. But to play effectively like Surman you need a calm head. For whatever reason, this season Arter has put more effort into being a shithouse on the field rather than a footballer.

If he can clear his head then there is no reason why he can’t become a decent footballer again. I feel it’s more mental coaching rather than football coaching he needs.

Arter’s problem was he became Surman with his passing and Vinnie Jones with his tackling.

It’s actually OK to play like Surman in the right system. But to play effectively like Surman you need a calm head. For whatever reason, this season Arter has put more effort into being a shithouse on the field rather than a footballer.

If he can clear his head then there is no reason why he can’t become a decent footballer again. I feel it’s more mental coaching rather than football coaching he needs.

I disagree,I think he has lost his Vinnie Jones streak and that's part of his problem.
The main part of his game was how competitive he was,I don't remember him getting any red cards this season.
I agree he got too Surman like with his passing though,it was a breath of fresh air when Lewis got in the team and started playing forward passes.

If it was Harry of old, where he would bite into tackles, get forward and get accurate long range shots at goal, we would all have him in the team. I can't remember the last time he did this though.

You think Eddie can't coach After then Neil? I appreciate we've just lost so you're back on top form but that was an interesting comment which you might expand on?

I thought you did coaching, so you'll know that Eddies always credits players for their improvements and rightly so. Sure he's there to guide and develop players but he can't do it on his own.

Likewise for performance dips. There may be many reasons why that happens. Personal, or fall-outs with the coaching team, or even just fatigue.

Either way the player is ultimately the one who does.

We know Eddie can coach Arter Rob because he signed him from Woking. The question I had was merely why people on here (not Eddie) credit coaches with making players better but blame the players when they get worse. Apart from goalkeepers bizarrely where it is the coaches fault. It’s an intriguing logic to me that’s all.

We
I thought Daniels had one of his best games of the season. Some crucial headers thrown in too.

I'm not going to repeat the same post of the last 2 years about a certain player, but I am sure you all know better than me and I am blind.

Wilson had a very very strong match last night. Caused their defence problems, gave us an outlet. But got ZERO protection from the ref who once again fulfilled his role for the Premier League to perfection. King was disappointing.

Ake and L Cook though....we are so lucky.
listened to Graham Poll analyse the non penalty decision, which basically said the so called assistant referee was wrong not help the referee.
This person also failed to flag for the clean out of Ake by Rashford, whereas the main stand Lino was happy to flag a foul.
Darmian cleaned out Fraser twice and not booked, so totally agree with Druss about PL referees

;