Match Report and MOM v Man Utd

Great report, thanks. MoM for me was Lerma. He was everywhere!
Like Steve Cook I felt Jefferson was a little off the pace early on this season. He’s upped his game to at least last season’s levels recently. Our club goes under the radar generally, but I doubt many Colombia’s have instantly established themselves in a completely foreign culture as well as Jeff has done.

Speaking of red card, from the tv angle that showed it, it looked like Fred actually made contact with Lerma's face with his hands in the altercation that followed the penalty shout. Fair play to Lerma for not going down like Neymar catching a whiff of one of Rantie's farts.
Haven't seen it on tv but I thought someone slapped weeman in the altercation that followed. Wasvthat shown?

Fraser doesn't deserve a 7. Lacked energy and the pace he's capable of. Dithered on the ball towards the end which led to a dangerous counter attack for them. Weak volley in the second half. Didn't run and turn them like he can. A 5 at best. He was outshone by the running, strength and fitness of both king and callum. Was surprised Eddie took of H Wilson for Lewis Cook. Fraser needs to make a decision or jog on. EH needs to show some commitment to the players who want to play for the club. Yes we won but that wasn't down to Fraser.

That happened right in front of us, I think it was Fred, put his hand in Weeman's face. Not a lot of force, Ryan didn't milk it, so the ref or Var didn't think it was a red. If they did I suspect there would have been an equalising red for Jeff : )
On another note, there were 4 Tv cameras along the North stand first half. As soon as half time came and our defence stopped swatting their flyweight attacks away, two packed up and headed South. They must really rate our back 5 : )

Fraser doesn't deserve a 7. Lacked energy and the pace he's capable of. Dithered on the ball towards the end which led to a dangerous counter attack for them. Weak volley in the second half. Didn't run and turn them like he can. A 5 at best. He was outshone by the running, strength and fitness of both king and callum. Was surprised Eddie took of H Wilson for Lewis Cook. Fraser needs to make a decision or jog on. EH needs to show some commitment to the players who want to play for the club. Yes we won but that wasn't down to Fraser.

Would tend to agree. Appears to be refusing to run at pace to draw the inevitable clattering he always used to bounce back up from....for whatever reason...

Would tend to agree. Appears to be refusing to run at pace to draw the inevitable clattering he always used to bounce back up from....for whatever reason...
I think that is harsh on weeman. He's not playing well but I think yesterday was more lack of confidence than effort. Especially 2nd half he tracked back numerous times to give Rico cover. Personally I thought he was better than Callum yesterday

It was a very solid win. Neil is right to point out though that ManU are not great, and I actually think we will finish above them at the end of the season.
Really difficult MotM decision. I think I would give it to Billing who is turning into a very big player for us.
The only person who had a poor performance was the bugle player. I assume he is running down his contract before a big money move to one of the big clubs

I think that is harsh on weeman. He's not playing well but I think yesterday was more lack of confidence than effort. Especially 2nd half he tracked back numerous times to give Rico cover. Personally I thought he was better than Callum yesterday

Apologies but can’t agree with that. Yes he slotted back to cover but I didn’t see him do anything with any urgency.

Whilst Callum battled away with the centre backs with no protection from the referee and still linked up play well.

Apologies but can’t agree with that. Yes he slotted back to cover but I didn’t see him do anything with any urgency.

Whilst Callum battled away with the centre backs with no protection from the referee and still linked up play well.
Fair enough, we all see different things. I just thought CW spent a lot of time pointing at others telling them where to be. He wasn't really bad but not at his best either

Agreed. Don’t think there has been anything wrong with his effort and application this season, his quality has just been very poor! His crossing was brilliant last season and contributed to 11 of his 14 assists and the majority of the chances he created, this season I think he would struggle to cross a road. He has never been a dribbler really or a player who can play between the lines and link play, he is a shift and cross type winger pure and simple. His game relies entirely on his ability to cross the ball so when this isn’t on point he contributes very little from an attacking perspective.

Reactions: drd
Speaking of red card, from the tv angle that showed it, it looked like Fred actually made contact with Lerma's face with his hands in the altercation that followed the penalty shout. Fair play to Lerma for not going down like Neymar catching a whiff of one of Rantie's farts.
I thought Fred did too, but it was tame.

Agree with this....Wee man was tasked with keeping James quiet after the first 15mins when it looked like he was going to cause us problems....thought Fraser put in a fine performance personally.

I thought Fred did too, but it was tame.

It doesn't matter whether it was tame or not - you cannot raise a hand to an opponent.

He was booked as a result of that incident. Arguably he could/should have been booked for the deliberate trip earlier in the half.

I thought Fraser did O.K. yesterday, he certainly helped out with Rico in the 2nd half and that was a big plus in keeping Utd out.

Interesting stat that backs up the need for us to have the opposition attack....

‘Bournemouth’s four wins this season have come from the five games where they had the least possession’

Arguably our finest hour in the last 12 months was the 4-0 demolition of Chelsea. We had 32% possession in that game.

When we beat Brighton 5-0 away we had less possession than them and they had ten men. Contrast this to the 4-0 v Middlesbrough the season before when we had 70% possession.

A couple of points spring to mind from this. We have a very, very different style of play from the team that came up. Willo and other elements of the media going on about Eddie will never waver from his style of play is just crap. He completely turned the ship around and headed in the other direction!! I’m not saying this is a bad thing if we can get it winning every week clearly it wouldn’t be!

It also explains why we haven’t seen systems that give more possession. No point in playing them if the whole philosophy of football has moved to a counter attacking side. Too big a difference for the side to swap between.

It was interesting to watch Billing tear Fraser off a strip for not anticipating a pass which he (Billing) had made.
Thought Fraser was pretty average again , what was that second ha
Good report again. I think you're right that Fraser still isn't 100%. He's making much more effort and his passing's improved but his final ball isn't up to last season's standard yet and his 3 shots on goal all lacked power. Good to see that he looks like he's trying though and I'm sure he'll soon be back in form. I thought he'd only be an impact sub but I'm glad he's proving me wrong.

He just doesn’t look happy playing at the moment - wether that’s because he’s not in great form or because he doesn’t want to be here it’s hard to tell ....

When we came up we only had one way to play - pacy, pressing attacking football. We didn't have the personnel in midfield or defence to allow other teams to have easy possession. Remember the early stats on MOTD when they would highlight Gosling, Surman, Arter etc for how much ground they covered in the game. We regularly ran the most in games. This was just to try and keep the opposition at distance.
Trouble is you get found out and teams adapt to your style, thats what good managers and coaches do. Likewise EH has adapted too for a style and personnel that can allow other teams to have more possession then hit them hard.

;