Match report and 'MOM' vs Brighton

You didnt go to Palace? Lucky swine.
Today ran it a close second, made Brighton look like Pep-era Barcelona for the full 90

Spot on report Liam thanks, exactly how we saw it. The killer today (beyond the player performances which were a mix of not-arsed or not-good-enough) was Eddie’s failure to do anything to stop Mooy running the show.

Key playmaker constantly in 10/15 yards of space. Same with Ozil on Thursday. Talked to a Brighton fan post-game who couldn’t believe either how much room Mooy and Bissouma had - all bloody game!

Lol Neill you're so vain....:grinning:....Liam might well be right of course....I just can't understand why 433 didn't seem to improve us ...in fact it coincided with our worst period of the game and saw us concede a second goal.....puzzling isn't it?

You think that 9 Minutes for which Stacey was off the pitch or limping was our worst period of the match....

Even by your own bending facts to suit a shite argument expertise that is fairly spectacular...

We also need a number ten for it to work properly. Harry, Stan, Kilkenny etc. I’ve never said our way of playing 4-3-3 will work Instantly... as you well know I’ve bored you and people to tears by saying we need coaches that understand it.

What I’ve said is any formation that forces the team to break three flat lines is better than what we currently prefer.

That performance today was abysmal. As was the game at Palace. The three games with the extra man in midfield yielded four points and would have potentially yielded five if we hadn’t brought Solanke on v Burnley.

There is hardly anyone left on here that thinks we should play a two man midfield predominantly. You cling to it though...

You think that 9 Minutes for which Stacey was off the pitch or limping was our worst period of the match....

Even by your own bending facts to suit a shite argument expertise that is fairly spectacular...

We also need a number ten for it to work properly. Harry, Stan, Kilkenny etc. I’ve never said our way of playing 4-3-3 will work Instantly... as you well know I’ve bored you and people to tears by saying we need coaches that understand it.

What I’ve said is any formation that forces the team to break three flat lines is better than what we currently prefer.

That performance today was abysmal. As was the game at Palace. The three games with the extra man in midfield yielded four points and would have potentially yielded five if we hadn’t brought Solanke on v Burnley.

There is hardly anyone left on here that thinks we should play a two man midfield predominantly. You cling to it though...
9 minutes you say...well that's longer than we played 4411 against Burnley yet it didn't stop you blaming it for our defeat.....the fact that we stank the place out playing 433 was not surprisingly ignored.......tell me... what's the difference between playing 433 poorly .. switching to 4411 and conceding a goal and playing 4411 poorly and switching to 433 and conceding a goal?

9 minutes you say...well that's longer than we played 4411 against Burnley yet it didn't stop you blaming it for our defeat.....the fact that we stank the place out playing 433 was not surprisingly ignored.......tell me... what's the difference between playing 433 poorly .. switching to 4411 and conceding a goal and playing 4411 poorly and switching to 433 and conceding a goal?

I think the native intelligence of where you live is rubbing off on you.

As you ask.... the difference explained:

Burnley... One point became zero points.
Brighton.... zero points became zero points

Hope that clears it up. If the score is not appearing on the top of your tv screen you can change the Aspect and ratio on the menu button.

I think the native intelligence of where you live is rubbing off on you.

As you ask.... the difference explained:

Burnley... One point became zero points.
Brighton.... zero points became zero points

Hope that clears it up. If the score is not appearing on the top of your tv screen you can change the Aspect and ratio on the menu button.
Thank you Neill .... that's the same conclusion I came to .....funny though as I always thought you judged us on performance not points.....have I got that wrong?

My opinion yet again our 2 in midfield, once of whom Billing had a poor game
, over run by the Brighton midfield with the vey effective spare man never challenged whilst Stanislas and Wilson H stood isolated on the wings yet neither is a traditional winger watching the game go by them. This in turn restricts any chances for the forwards although Solanke again merits a whole paragraph on the varies aspects of why.

Great report Liam, cheers for that, absolutely appalling performance in my view, I would have written a far worse report :arrghh:

Hopefully I can write something good about us on Wednesday

Thank you Neill .... that's the same conclusion I came to .....funny though as I always thought you judged us on performance not points.....have I got that wrong?

When our performances are generally boring and shite whatever we play you need other defining factors

We need players playing between the lines, the flat lines we play with is killing us and we have no way of working the ball up the pitch. Just look at Mooy today, our midfield could not pick him up because he was roaming between the lines, it is difficult to mark a player who is given the licence to roam. What is the point in us having two forwards on the pitch if we have no way of working the ball to them?? If anybody is still an advocate of the 4-4-1-1 after this then I am truly baffled.

i wonder if anyone other than me can write a match report you don’t describe as above the average ;)

If you read the report you’d read that Liam thought the two in midfield was a disaster.
Yes the midfield was a disaster. Mooy had a ridiculous amount of space. Lerma has the energy and positional awareness to almost compensate for having one less man in midfield. Billing...well he doesn't.

Yes the midfield was a disaster. Mooy had a ridiculous amount of space. Lerma has the energy and positional awareness to almost compensate for having one less man in midfield. Billing...well he doesn't.
As Huddersfield fans well know and commented on their own message board - Billing can be a very effective player - when he can be arsed - IF played in a midfield three.

;