Match report- heroic Jeff drinks salty Watford tears for fun

The game then transitioned into what I like to refer as ‘the Lerma phase.’ This is definitely deserving of a paragraph to itself. The fun really kicked in around the sixty minute mark. While defending a fairly innocuous throw in on around the half way line, Jeff decided it was an opportune time to take a nice playful piggyback on his Watford counterpart Chalobah. Just a bit of harmless fun. Resulting in an unfairly awarded free kick to Watford, or did it? The scathing and quite frankly out of control Chalobah (who probably has no friends and so is not used to such playful antics) suddenly lashed out violently in the direction of Jeff, like a man possessed, swinging his fist towards the face of the innocent and unsuspecting Lerma with all his might. Hearts sank as our brave hero collapsed to the floor, his very life hanging in the balance. All this while the evil Chalobah peered menacingly over him with evil intent in his eyes. Even recanting it now is quite emotional for me tbh so apologies if I’m not doing the pure horror of the incident justice. To the relief of all Bournemouth fans (and anybody with a heart or sense of morals come to the point) Jeff rose to his feat, reminiscent of a Titan of war. Not to be defeated by the forces of evil that plagued Dean Court in this dark day. To the amazement of almost everybody watching, the referee decided to to brandish the red card to Chalobah, instead opting for just a yellow. He did however decide to give the free kick to us instead, which was admittedly jolly generous of him but didn’t even come close to making up for the treatment we had to suffer. Fortunately for us the Watford players all seemed to become rather frazzled by the previously mentioned events, as a hopeful long punt from the resulting free kick left their back four napping. Danjuma at an almost impossible angle decided to shoot (because this is what he does) instead of squaring to the well positioned Solanke for a tap in. Fortunately for us, the chap in the Watford goal seemed to momentarily forget that the ‘near post’ was a thing. The miss hit effort from Danjuma almost apologetically squirming into the net at the near post, with ‘not Ben Foster’ making quite an amusingly dramatic attempt to salvage the situation. So the cherries were ahead and more importantly justice had been done!

:clap:An excellent bit of writing.

Looking at it from a neutrals angle i guess it would of basically been just another staid, boring Lockdown fixture...with a bit of manbaggery in the add-on time.
Hopefully this has manager has spiced it up enough to get more of that passion and intent in the subsequent fixtures!
Woodgate is the man...and maybe JJ has helped to re-unite the 'camps'.
That stuff is more important than formations...formations have to adapt circumstantially in every game...but the passion has to be there rigidly from kick-off to 95!

Interesting to watch again. Both fouls on Lerma deserved a red card.

Wilshere was totally out of order.

The sending off, it was certainly a red card but Lerma milked it.

I hadn’t realised the ref had given Watford the free kick though, did he change his mind or make a mistake?

The goal. Looked to me like Dom was in the process of complaining tab out no cut back as Dan hit it.

Pearson should start every game. He’s the difference.

Two ( of many ) thoughts from today.

When was the last time we saw a proper sort out like that at Dean Court?

Considering we have been in lockdown for two months why don’t all footballers look like Ben Pearson ?

The last brawl that I can remember was against Bradford City, with Boss (i.e. Bill McGarry) amongst those being booked. I am sure that bookings and sendings-off were a lot rarer in those days.

;