Match report v Birmingham

Seems I may have called L Cook wrong. I just felt he did his job without changing the game in the 28ish minutes of him that I saw. If he'd have completed the game the chances are it would have been more. All opinions are valid though.

Although we looked great I still hold the concern it was as much a product of the quality of our opposition as our performance. We looked good against Coventry as well.

If we can replicate this level of performance against some of the better teams I'll start to feel confident about the season.

You mean like the relatively comfortable victory against Norwich that we've already had?
I'm starting to agree with what someone put on here the other day,that reading other teams forum's you get a more balanced view of us.
They seem to be more complimentary about us than a lot on here.

Football is all about opinions. In the Football League Paper today the scores on the doors were: Begovic 7, Rico Kelly & Stacey 7 with Mepham at 6. Stanislas and Lerma 7 in midfield, Cook 6 and Brooks (in the team of the day) 9, Upfront both Danjuma and Solanke 8.

We’re going to struggle a bit if we cannot work out how to defend a long throw into our Danger Zone!

Isn’t it elementary that one of our tall blokes picks up one of their tall blokes etc.?

Isn’t it also common sense to anticipate the possibility that their tall bloke might get a flick-on that just might find one of their other blokes lurking around?

You mean like the relatively comfortable victory against Norwich that we've already had?
I'm starting to agree with what someone put on here the other day,that reading other teams forum's you get a more balanced view of us.
I don't think the result against Norwich was comfortable at all

We’re going to struggle a bit if we cannot work out how to defend a long throw into our Danger Zone!

Isn’t it elementary that one of our tall blokes picks up one of their tall blokes etc.?

Isn’t it also common sense to anticipate the possibility that their tall bloke might get a flick-on that just might find one of their other blokes lurking around?

We didn't cope too bad with it yesterday.

We seem to struggle more against teams that employ a high press. They allow our 2 or 3 centre backs to have the the ball and then press in numbers when the ball is played to the full backs or wing backs. Less of a problem when Lewis Cook plays as he is good at finding pockets of space and playing the ball in tight situations. We were better yesterday in playing a number of long passes and therefore not being predictable.

We did a job against Norwich, we weren't comfortable against them and we certainly weren't the superior side. If they'd had a finisher on form they'd have got something from that game.

When I watch on a stream, the opposition commentators are creaming their pants at how good we are.

;