Match report vs Reading

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Mighty Chez dealt a right royal robbery

A greater injustice you will rarely ever see in this beautiful game that we know and love. Scott Parker’s scintillating side dealt a late sucker punch following a total footballing performance rivalled only by the great Dutch teams of old.

Our great leader surprised us all this evening by lining the side up in exactly the same way he does every other week. A real tactical curve ball thrown by the ever unpredictable Parker. You know the team so I won’t waste your time telling you what it was, although if you’ve read this far then you clearly have time to waste and frankly need to have a look at yourself. It’s a short life, why are you wasting it reading this s**t?

Anyway, the first ten minutes were actually very poor. We passed it forwards far too often for my liking and it made for very uncomfortable viewing. We even went into their penalty area a few times, why we were doing this is anybody’s guess and Scotty looked as puzzled as the rest of us. Fortunately we were lucky enough to nick an undeserved goal during this period. Following a disgustingly purposeful period of probing the ball worked it’s way to Lerma in the penalty area. The entire crowd rose to their feet in anticipation, Travers was wide open in acres of space and every AFCB supporter to the man (or woman) was urging him to go backwards. Unfortunately the robust Colombian clearly hadn’t understood the game plan (not a surprise really, the poor bugger can’t speak English let alone Scott Parker English.) He preceded to attempt a ridiculous flick which nine times out ten would result in a loss of possession, there are areas of the pitch that are ok to attempt this but the opposition’s penalty area is certainly not one of them. Just as Parker and his loyal followers were getting ready to berate the naive Colombian for risking losing possession of the ball, another one of our players did something I had never ever hoped to witness from a Bournemouth player ever again. He shot inside the penalty area. He may have scored but we mustn’t lose sight of the fact that there is a chance that he shoots wide there and then Reading have the ball again. There were ample opportunity’s to go back to Travers during this move and they weren’t taken, simply unacceptable. Anyway we found ourselves one nil up despite clearly deviating from the game plan, so happy days.

The rest of the first half was a good spectacle, Kelly was having the time of his life pinging the ball as hard as he could in whatever direction he was facing, it was really nice to see him having so much fun. Unfortunately we did venture into their half a couple more times during the opening period but I’m sure this will be ironed out in training this week. One occasion saw the reckless Lerma again attempting to be creative and link play down the right, the ball was worked back to prolific Ryan Christie with everybody expecting the net to bulge. Unfortunately for us Reading had David De Gea in goal today and the aforementioned keeper leapt to his left to make one of the most unbelievable saves you will ever see. I will be honest I couldn’t actually see it properly, but I’m working under the assumption that it has to take a truly special save to keep out the lethal shooting ability of Cristiano Ryanaldo. Reading had their moments too, the Bournemouth game plan of having nobody in central midfield unbelievably did not seem to be paying off as the Royals were finding pockets of space with ease. On one occasion the ball was worked out wide and cut back to some guy who’s name I cannot spell and will not attempt to spell (we can just call him guy.) Guy then proceeded to shoot straight at Travers first time despite the fact the nearest Bournemouth player to him was in Southampton. Obviously Parker had done his tactical homework on guy and concluded that when given to much space to operate in he will crumble with indecision. So the half came to an end with the cherries holding a deserved one nil lead.

Now onto the second half, oh the second half. truly one that the football purists will be talking about for years. Now you have to bear in mind that the second half was slightly different to the first, this was partially due to the fact that Reading decided to go home at half time and were replaced by the 2008/09 Barcelona side. Naturally Parker decided to go a little (but not a lot) more conservative in this half due to the increased calibre of opposition. Barcelona of course enjoyed a lot of the ball in this half but the minnows held firm for large spells, and even managed to take the game to their clearly superior opponent at times. During this half Parker had made the observation that one striker was clearly one striker too many and so moved deadly Dom back into midfield. He made the insane decision to bring on another goal score at half time but thankfully partially rectified this by shoving him out wide. Considering the nature of the opponent out football was a joy to watch in this half and we were very unlucky not to end up with at least seventeen more goals. Full backs bombed forward, midfield were fluid in their movement and we flooded the penalty area at every opportunity. Really was one for the purist. Our best chance (of which there were many) of the half fell to Mark Travers but unfortunately he was unable to convert the ball from close range while taking a goal kick during the 63rd minute.

As the final ten arrived so did a great injustice. Bournemouth were dealt a blow as the ball broke to their manager’s son. Bournemouth fans started to break out in fits of laughter as everybody knows the manager’s son is always s**t and only gets picked because Daddy chooses the team. Anyway, I was too busy p*****g myself with laughter that the poor bugger was going to attempt a shot so didn’t actually see what happened next. By the time I gathered myself we were taking a free kick directly in the centre circle. Anyway, we saw out the rest of the game comfortably and got a season defining one nil victory against one of the titans of the division. Happy days. Come on you Chez ect. Player ratings and verdict to come.

A greater injustice you will rarely ever see in this beautiful game that we know and love. Scott Parker’s scintillating side dealt a late sucker punch following a total footballing performance rivalled only by the great Dutch teams of old.

Our great leader surprised us all this evening by lining the side up in exactly the same way he does every other week. A real tactical curve ball thrown by the ever unpredictable Parker. You know the team so I won’t waste your time telling you what it was, although if you’ve read this far then you clearly have time to waste and frankly need to have a look at yourself. It’s a short life, why are you wasting it reading this s**t?

Anyway, the first ten minutes were actually very poor. We passed it forwards far too often for my liking and it made for very uncomfortable viewing. We even went into their penalty area a few times, why we were doing this is anybody’s guess and Scotty looked as puzzled as the rest of us. Fortunately we were lucky enough to nick an undeserved goal during this period. Following a disgustingly purposeful period of probing the ball worked it’s way to Lerma in the penalty area. The entire crowd rose to their feet in anticipation, Travers was wide open in acres of space and every AFCB supporter to the man (or woman) was urging him to go backwards. Unfortunately the robust Colombian clearly hadn’t understood the game plan (not a surprise really, the poor bugger can’t speak English let alone Scott Parker English.) He preceded to attempt a ridiculous flick which nine times out ten would result in a loss of possession, there are areas of the pitch that are ok to attempt this but the opposition’s penalty area is certainly not one of them. Just as Parker and his loyal followers were getting ready to berate the naive Colombian for risking losing possession of the ball, another one of our players did something I had never ever hoped to witness from a Bournemouth player ever again. He shot inside the penalty area. He may have scored but we mustn’t lose sight of the fact that there is a chance that he shoots wide there and then Reading have the ball again. There were ample opportunity’s to go back to Travers during this move and they weren’t taken, simply unacceptable. Anyway we found ourselves one nil up despite clearly deviating from the game plan, so happy days.

The rest of the first half was a good spectacle, Kelly was having the time of his life pinging the ball as hard as he could in whatever direction he was facing, it was really nice to see him having so much fun. Unfortunately we did venture into their half a couple more times during the opening period but I’m sure this will be ironed out in training this week. One occasion saw the reckless Lerma again attempting to be creative and link play down the right, the ball was worked back to prolific Ryan Christie with everybody expecting the net to bulge. Unfortunately for us Reading had David De Gea in goal today and the aforementioned keeper leapt to his left to make one of the most unbelievable saves you will ever see. I will be honest I couldn’t actually see it properly, but I’m working under the assumption that it has to take a truly special save to keep out the lethal shooting ability of Cristiano Ryanaldo. Reading had their moments too, the Bournemouth game plan of having nobody in central midfield unbelievably did not seem to be paying off as the Royals were finding pockets of space with ease. On one occasion the ball was worked out wide and cut back to some guy who’s name I cannot spell and will not attempt to spell (we can just call him guy.) Guy then proceeded to shoot straight at Travers first time despite the fact the nearest Bournemouth player to him was in Southampton. Obviously Parker had done his tactical homework on guy and concluded that when given to much space to operate in he will crumble with indecision. So the half came to an end with the cherries holding a deserved one nil lead.

Now onto the second half, oh the second half. truly one that the football purists will be talking about for years. Now you have to bear in mind that the second half was slightly different to the first, this was partially due to the fact that Reading decided to go home at half time and were replaced by the 2008/09 Barcelona side. Naturally Parker decided to go a little (but not a lot) more conservative in this half due to the increased calibre of opposition. Barcelona of course enjoyed a lot of the ball in this half but the minnows held firm for large spells, and even managed to take the game to their clearly superior opponent at times. During this half Parker had made the observation that one striker was clearly one striker too many and so moved deadly Dom back into midfield. He made the insane decision to bring on another goal score at half time but thankfully partially rectified this by shoving him out wide. Considering the nature of the opponent out football was a joy to watch in this half and we were very unlucky not to end up with at least seventeen more goals. Full backs bombed forward, midfield were fluid in their movement and we flooded the penalty area at every opportunity. Really was one for the purist. Our best chance (of which there were many) of the half fell to Mark Travers but unfortunately he was unable to convert the ball from close range while taking a goal kick during the 63rd minute.

As the final ten arrived so did a great injustice. Bournemouth were dealt a blow as the ball broke to their manager’s son. Bournemouth fans started to break out in fits of laughter as everybody knows the manager’s son is always s**t and only gets picked because Daddy chooses the team. Anyway, I was too busy p*****g myself with laughter that the poor bugger was going to attempt a shot so didn’t actually see what happened next. By the time I gathered myself we were taking a free kick directly in the centre circle. Anyway, we saw out the rest of the game comfortably and got a season defining one nil victory against one of the titans of the division. Happy days. Come on you Chez ect. Player ratings and verdict to come.

That was f*****g funny tbf. Particularly enjoyed the build up to our goal and Travers 63rd min goal kick. Good work.

according to the BBC in writing....Reading won...see what happens when we dont have an announcer telling fans the score!!

according to the BBC in writing....Reading won...see what happens when we dont have an announcer telling fans the score!!
By the way...due to Covid I was not there last night BUT did have the misfortune to watch Flam...didnt realise immobile Supa style lumps were still playing..,,(Not Andy Carroll by the way)...and then the commentator stated Flams xG was 0.00 in the 1st half...well that lost me

;