Matchday Information from Nanny

Just had an email that contains the following:

Players on both teams are asked not to give their match shirts to supporters on leaving the pitch. This is due to safety concerns where we have already seen crowding, pushing and aggressive behaviour.

To avoid this deteriorating further and potential injury, both children and adults should refrain from gathering by the barrier at the end of the game. Accordingly, signs asking for shirts are not permitted.

That'll really help with the kids' Matchday Experience'

Why dont they just say it as i is

Too many kids(and dads) holding up pieces of cardboard saying 'can I have your shirt'. It has been getting a bit of a joke, if they dont oblige, Im sure some 'Dads' then rip them on Social Media for being too detached from the young fans, ignoring them as they walk by etc etc
No win situation really

Players on both teams are asked not to give their match shirts to supporters on leaving the pitch. This is due to safety concerns where we have already seen crowding, pushing and aggressive behaviour.

To avoid this deteriorating further and potential injury, both children and adults should refrain from gathering by the barrier at the end of the game. Accordingly, signs asking for shirts are not permitted.

It also said this:
When attending a matchday, all children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult who is over 18 years old. So far this season, we have dealt with numerous incidents of unaccompanied underage children attempting to enter the stadium either alone or with other children.

Any child attending the game without an accompanying adult will not be allowed to enter.

No children allowed unless accompanied by adults?
Since when has this been a rule?
Me and my age group used to go all the time as kids unaccompanied!

I don’t care. It is one of the most annoying aspects of modern football and I’m glad to see the back of it.

It also said this:
When attending a matchday, all children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult who is over 18 years old. So far this season, we have dealt with numerous incidents of unaccompanied underage children attempting to enter the stadium either alone or with other children.

Any child attending the game without an accompanying adult will not be allowed to enter.
It’s true. If the police found a packet of Number 10 on you they would make you pay adult price. We had to hide them down the front of our trousers as that’s the one place they didn’t dare search.

Got the same email ahead of tomorrow. A whole lot of words to state the blooming obvious (make sure you know where your child is…never thought to do that before).

I’d have also thought it was obvious to post out tickets in time for the game when ordered over 10 days ago, but apparently not… and I don’t get the £3 booking fee refunded. :utc:

It's such an entitled modern day mentality, to suggest that someone's matchday experience is diminished because someone won't literally give them the shirt off their back.

What's wrong with sitting in silence on your hands like the rest of the family stand :throw:

It also said this:

I remember back in the day that many big grounds, including Goodison Park, used to have a 'Boys Pen' for children under the age of, I think, 15 complete with its own entrance and cheap prices.

Needless to say it was all standing.

Let's be fair, what could have possibly gone wrong in the 70s with a 'boys pen' where everyone was known to be an unaccompanied minor? Great days with proper entertainment on TV like Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris.

Jesus Christ...what is happening to my Sport ?
What the Hell is going on ?

Mind ..you all need to keep a look out soon...cuz one in number, Gaz Glitter is being freed !
The f√cker might just hit the BH postcode with copious bagfuls of Haribo ranges !

The only reason I used to read the old pre-match emails was to find out if the school was open for free parking. Wish that info was still there!

;