Matchday Information from Nanny

The easiest way to deal with the issue is to stop the players giving them out. End of season draw among the junior cherries for the shirts and jobs a ‘good ‘un’. It’s a shame it’s had to come to this but I think the idea of ‘advertising’ for a free shirt takes things beyond a nice informal and spontaneous gesture, to a virtually commercial thing and I’d not be surprised to see some shirts end up on eBay. As for the age of entry - we live in different times and if the Club don’t publicly say no unaccompanied kids then legally they are in Loco parentis territory. If something were to happen to a child then the consequences could be severe.

The easiest way to deal with the issue is to stop the players giving them out. End of season draw among the junior cherries for the shirts and jobs a ‘good ‘un’. It’s a shame it’s had to come to this but I think the idea of ‘advertising’ for a free shirt takes things beyond a nice informal and spontaneous gesture, to a virtually commercial thing and I’d not be surprised to see some shirts end up on eBay. As for the age of entry - we live in different times and if the Club don’t publicly say no unaccompanied kids then legally they are in Loco parentis territory. If something were to happen to a child then the consequences could be severe.

Loco parentis?

Well if the kid's father drives a train there's no real excuse right now for him not to take his children to a match as they're all on strike right now

It's such an entitled modern day mentality, to suggest that someone's matchday experience is diminished because someone won't literally give them the shirt off their back.

What's wrong with sitting in silence on your hands like the rest of the family stand :throw:[/QUOT

That’s if they turn up at all

Different times different issues but safeguarding is the order of the day in the world we live in now.

The shirt issue is a relatively new thing but is it AFCB or the league as a whole? I like the suggestion of distribution to the J C's at the end of the season such a shame it came from this message board and not the club.

I don’t care. It is one of the most annoying aspects of modern football and I’m glad to see the back of it.

If a player singles out a kid and gives him/her a shirt after a game that's great.

But to go to a game with a pre-prepared sign begging for a shirt and then expecting it; particularly when with an adult; has been a growing and cringeworthy trend - glad its been stopped.

If a player singles out a kid and gives him/her a shirt after a game that's great.

But to go to a game with a pre-prepared sign begging for a shirt and then expecting it; particularly when with an adult; has been a growing and cringeworthy trend - glad its been stopped.
Couldn’t agree more.

Absolutely. It's shame it's come to this but its increasingly obvious that its the same kids/ dad's begging at the end of the game. Times ha e changed though. I remember as a kid writing to loads of clubs, declaring my undying love for them and asking for an autograph sheet. Most that turned up were photocopied but some were hand signed. As a kid I was thrilled to get them and 40 years on still have them in my ' footie memorabilia ' box.

Absolutely. It's shame it's come to this but its increasingly obvious that its the same kids/ dad's begging at the end of the game. Times ha e changed though. I remember as a kid writing to loads of clubs, declaring my undying love for them and asking for an autograph sheet. Most that turned up were photocopied but some were hand signed. As a kid I was thrilled to get them and 40 years on still have them in my ' footie memorabilia ' box.
So these days I take it that your username on other sites varies according to whoever you are supporting until you die?

So these days I take it that your username on other sites varies according to whoever you are supporting until you die?
Ha, no. I was a late developer and didn't declare allegiance to a club until my mid teens. Then that was a non league team. I followed Worcester City the length and breadth of the country as soon as I could drive. I loved the non league scene but when I moved down here in the early '90's I came and watched the Cherries. It took one game to get hooked. I loved the ramshackle stadium which reminded me of Worcester's, the crowd was small which again reminded me of Worcester's and the football wasn't great which reminded me of Worcester's. Bournemouth became and remain the only football league side for me.

Surprised the club has just announced this. I heard it got out of hand last season and beginning of this season, but the scramble has significantly dropped off since Parker left...

Chelsea clearly dont subscribe to this policy. We were sat in the East stand on Monday directly above the benches (courtesy of a Chelsea ST holding colleague ), and as soon as the final whistle went, there was a real scrummage of kids(some accompanied by adults) who ran to space behind the advertising boards.
Unfolding large begging cardboard sheets whilst on the move, 'accident waiting to happen'
Didnt hang about long enough to see if players obliged or ignored them.....

The story when Bernie forgot Baby Fletch's kit and they had to find someone in the crowd wearing a shirt with his name and number for him to borrow has inspired me to suggest the club turn this on it's head.

The players have to make up cardboard signs begging for a shirt from the crowd. If nobody has one they're willing to give up, they aren't picked for the game.

;