Matt Godden charged for diving....

I think the way games have been often left to run their course this season has been a huge step in the right direction... Refs have clearly been guided to allow more physicality in the game and it seems VAR is being used more effectively and infrequently in the PL.

As for the retrospective charging, I am 100% behind it... Players should know that if they dive in a game they can still be charged for it (whatever that means) after the game. Small steps and maybe just on pen shouts for now... but if players know this happens then hopefully it will spark something that makes them think twice about doing it during games... and all over the park...

Adam Smith beware...

I think Coventry could point at the Sam Surridge one against Barnsley as being just as blantant a dive..... I'm sure there have been more.....why are the FA suddenly so interested now?......if this match wasn't on sky against one of the Championships bigger teams we wouldn't have heard anything about it.

I was going to say, it will probably be a case where if it’s dealt with on field with a yellow then it won’t go further…

It does kind of make a bit of a precedent tho…

Watch this space…

It is of course entirely co-incidental that Fulham’s owner is worth $8.6 billion, making him about the 300th richest person in the world. The FA would clearly stick up for any club that had been hard done by. Take Wycombe last season for example.

Last edited:

;