Max Aarons

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Saw it mentioned somewhere that we should try to sign him. Could possibly be a good shout.

23 years old and a right back where we desperately need another option. Only 12 months left on his deal so could be available at a lower fee than might be expected as Norwich need to sell or risk getting nothing for him. 70 Premier League appearances already under his belt, although that came with two relegations. Norwich want to raise funds for a summer rebuild and he's one that seems like he may move on.

There's rumoured interest from some big clubs, but isn't there always? Reality is often a different thing.

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23445030.norwich-city-transfer-rumours-tottenham-wolfsburg-scout-aarons/

Would seem to fit the profile of the kind of footballer we want to recruit. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I genuinely can't remember watching him play.

Saw it mentioned somewhere that we should try to sign him. Could possibly be a good shout.

23 years old and a right back where we desperately need another option. Only 12 months left on his deal so could be available at a lower fee than might be expected as Norwich need to sell or risk getting nothing for him. 70 Premier League appearances already under his belt, although that came with two relegations. Norwich want to raise funds for a summer rebuild and he's one that seems like he may move on.

There's rumoured interest from some big clubs, but isn't there always? Reality is often a different thing.

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23445030.norwich-city-transfer-rumours-tottenham-wolfsburg-scout-aarons/

Would seem to fit the profile of the kind of footballer we want to recruit. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I genuinely can't remember watching him play.

Outstanding prospect imo. Everything (well most) attributes you want in a modern fullback - fast, workrate, dribbling ability and solid enough defenisvely. Plenty of potential for improvement too.

Would love to see us pick him or Livramento up from Saints (would love both tbh, but don't want to push it...)

Both likely to be fixtures in England squad I;'d have thought throughout their career, once the old guard have moved on.

Could be wrong but I think we failed to get a loan over the line for him on last day of Jan window, which in turn stopped Stacey going to Middlesbrough I think

Ohh that is interesting. Lets hope we make it happen, a proper hot prospect imo and seems like a good fit from whats said about him.

Proper quality signing he would be and further sign of us meaning business.

Would be a good signing. Only worry is the price tag with other premier league clubs being interested. Wouldn’t spend more than £15 million imo

Would seem weird given they currently have two excellent RBs in Livramento and Walker-Peters. Granted one or both might end up moving.

Aarons seemed an obvious target here (given he's someone I could name). I can only hope it seems we have less obvious targets near fruition, who I've never heard of but who are even better :)

Interesting that nobody in the PL has gone in for him:

Wonder if he's another Cantwell? Hyped at a young age for some good PL performances but then dropped off and didn't fulfill his potential.
I wonder if Cantwell had other stuff going on. I genuinely think he had loads of talent. Seemed to be fitness issues at Norwich. With us, he didn't really get a proper chance and SP seemed to want him as a right-sided number 8 when he's a left winger or number 10. Doing well at Rangers, which is great for him. Whether he'll reach his standard of before, .... who knows.

I wonder if Cantwell had other stuff going on. I genuinely think he had loads of talent. Seemed to be fitness issues at Norwich. With us, he didn't really get a proper chance and SP seemed to want him as a right-sided number 8 when he's a left winger or number 10. Doing well at Rangers, which is great for him. Whether he'll reach his standard of before, .... who knows.

Recall reading when we signed him that he kind of lost focus, interest etc for a while after initial promise, coupled with or as a result fell out of favour with some of their managers.

Hair style and something ablut his body language hardly helped either, just looked a bit silly on the pitch imo, almost show boating around too much like a ballerina on a local 5 a side pitch. struggled to take him seriously tbh. Looks like an affluent public schoolboy or a rich American kid from a 'soccer mom' family that had wandered onto a football pitch and totally out of place.

plus he's called Todd...

Last edited:
Recall reading when we signed him that he kind of lost focus, interest etc for a while after initial promise, coupled with or as a result fell out of favour with some of their managers.

Hair style and something ablut his body language hardly helped either, just looked a bit silly on the pitch imo, almost show boating around too much like a ballerina on a local 5 a side pitch. struggled to take him seriously tbh. Looks like an affluent public schoolboy or a rich American kid from a 'soccer mom' family that had wandered onto a football pitch and totally out of place.

plus he's called Todd...
Well there were rumours about Parker's opinions on hair styles...

;