MAX

What a lovely message. Max has been a better owner than we could ever have wished for. So the millionaire Sandbanks owner who took us to the Premier League not once but twice turned out to be a quiet and unassuming family man. Who would have predicted that?

Thank you Max.

Last edited:
Max, you delivered something we all dreamed of, even though we never thought we would see it.

Hope you will be at Dean Court at least one more time, so the fans can thank you properly - even though our thanks will never be enough.

Lovely. I mentioned the lack of a farewell letter from Max in the Foley thread.
I knew he wouldn't disappoint, great to hear from him one last time.

Can only agree with all of the above statements, what an absolute legend he has been for our little club. My Dad always said Bournemouth is not a football town, the club don't want to be in the Premier League/First Division, the FA wouldn't allow it to happen anyway etc. etc.

Well, thanks to Max it DID happen and my Dad was around for a good few years to see it.

The guy probably has no idea just how many lives he has changed immeasurably during his tenure at the club. Unimaginable dreams came true for so many people and now he leaves us in a much better position, where hopefully even more AFCB related dreams can be made reality !

Cheers Max !
:cheers:

Thanks everyone but the fans. If he was a player he'd be straight down the tunnel after a match.

(I've said before my thanks to him. He's been as good an owner as we could have hoped for, and more. All the best to him and his family)

Max, you delivered something we all dreamed of, even though we never thought we would see it.

Hope you will be at Dean Court at least one more time, so the fans can thank you properly - even though our thanks will never be enough.

Hopefully he'll be back at DC many more times. I'd like to think he'll always be welcome... if he's got the required number of loyalty points of course!

As has been said by others, be good for him to make one more appearance in front of our fans at half-time, maybe when Eddie Howe comes down here with Newcastle United in February.

Max and Eddie were the main reason our club have achieved getting into the top league and gave us a thrilling ride all the way up there, they were
the ‘Dream Team’.

Best of luck for the future Max and thanks again.

Yes, what a contribution.

From Mitchell offering the fans out, to Max offering to but Eddie (M) out.

What a ride.

The guy is a legend, and has taken our club to dizzy heights.

He didn't seek adulation, it appears he didn't actually seek anything, other than success for our small club.

He achieved that.

Legend.

Do you think something gets named in his honor in the future, like the new training facility or a stand?

Thank you Max. You have taken our club to a height that I could only ever dream. It has become so very clear you have a huge passion for this club. Up the cherries, keep supporting. You have laid the foundations and more.

;