Memo to Eddie

There was another 9 outfield players on the pitch last night, none of them scored. Solanke needs to play off of a striker, not upfront on his own. I didnt see the game last night so cant really comment on where he played.
Just the fact he has hardly had a chance to prove himself and every brain dead fan has already written him off, it infuriates me. Give the lad a chance.

I'm done sticking up for Ibe, he's had more than enough chances.

There was another 9 outfield players on the pitch last night, none of them scored. Solanke needs to play off of a striker, not upfront on his own. I didnt see the game last night so cant really comment on where he played.
Just the fact he has hardly had a chance to prove himself and every brain dead fan has already written him off, it infuriates me. Give the lad a chance.

What about lack of effort and fight though? You should give that as a 20m centre forward even if you are asked to play at right back, let alone as the main striker.

Completely agree re Solanke!

What about lack of effort and fight though? You should give that as a 20m centre forward even if you are asked to play at right back, let alone as the main striker.
Like I said I didnt watch the game last night so cant comment on his performance.

I can cope with people not rating him for whatever reason, that's fair enough. Even if people don't rate him no-one should be calling for him to be sold or slagging him to high heaven because he hasn't been given enough chances to get a well rounded opinion of him.

From what we've seen of Solanke so far, all of his best work has been deeper in the pitch, play making. I struggle to see how he's come through youth systems as a centre forward? Other than his size, he shows little of a centre forward's instinct and just doesn't look the part. Yet he does seem to have an eye for a pass and quick feet. He's helped setup a decent few goals playing off another forward, but he's never looked like scoring himself. I just don't think he's an out and out striker.

.....I am still hoping that Solanke can come good, but think Ibe has unfortunately not got enough...

Given how long it can take for some players to fit in, Solanke should have more time to find his right place in the side.

But Ibe, sorry, no. He is undoubtedly talented, but just does not produce the goods.

I watched the Forest Green match from the Ted Shed. The number of times that Ibe was on the ball and simply ended up losing it. Remember this is to players from the fourth tier. No disrespect to the opposition, but there should be a bit of a gap between even the best players in League Two and Premier League.

I recall one incident about 25 yards out on the left. Ibe neatly beat one player, then a second, checked and turned, then had to beat the first opponent again before being easily robbed by the second opponent at the second attempt.

When Ibe started this little jinking episode, he had a clear run on goal after the first defender. Not only that, there were two Bournemouth players advancing through the centre and on the right in good positions.

Ibe had two choices at this point. He could either thunder in on goal or pass. He did neither. Instead, Ibe allowed two players to each challenge him twice before he lost it.

My patience has run out.

In the January transfer window, I will probably ask each day, 'Has he gone yet?'

Got to be careful, might upset a few of the rose tints in here but Ibe isn't the player he was perceived to be. Liverpool saw it after they bought him from Wycombe and moved him on , for good money. Unfortunately when we move him on it won't be for good money. Hes had more than enough opportunity to prove he's good enough , he simply isn't a PL standard player.

From what I listened to, no one exactly did themselves proud last night. SSN drilling homer the pint that given the scoreline it was incredible how we weren't busting a gut to get back in the game... For whatever reason it just didn't happen for the 11 out there last night.

Picking out Solanke is a bit harsh though... That team out there last night should have been more than good enough to get past Lg1 oppostion. That's not being billy big bollox. It's just a fact. Mepham, Ibe, L.Cook, H. Wilson, Fraser, Franno, Solanke, Surman... All experienced PL players and whilst tough, should have been able to do the job...

The amount of times I heard "Bournemouth give the ball away" last night... !! The basics went AWOL last night for everyone... Lets not try and scapegoat anyone and just accept the team were WELL below par and should be a tad ashamed of themselves... Burton ran out deserved winners.

I think the major problem in all this....is that the ' peripheral squad' as its called are picked for these games each year....and their thinking is...we are second choice...'used' ...for cup games....why risk injury for this ' one - off' ...
Fans on the other hand , rightly so, think they should be trying 100% to impress to get picked for the PL games.
If you add in the fact that several of them are coming back from injuries...all you need is about 4 not performing, therefore not a full team effort...and Burton or Millwalls hungry for success lower Div players will have an easy task!

If you get the chance try and listen to Terry the West Ham fan on Talksport. He phoned in last night after the Hammers got thumped and summed up how us fans feel after a very poor performance.

Chelsea gave debuts to school boys and they won. Suggesting Eddie shouldn't play millionaire footballers in cup games is crazy.

From what we've seen of Solanke so far, all of his best work has been deeper in the pitch, play making. I struggle to see how he's come through youth systems as a centre forward? Other than his size, he shows little of a centre forward's instinct and just doesn't look the part. Yet he does seem to have an eye for a pass and quick feet. He's helped setup a decent few goals playing off another forward, but he's never looked like scoring himself. I just don't think he's an out and out striker.

Completely agree with this, as a number 10 I think he could do a great job but the problem is I would rather see an attacking line up of Wilson, King, Brooks, Fraser so it’s the bench and cup games only for him unless there are injuries.....even then, the games where we switch to those Variations of 5-4-1/3-5-2 I’d prefer 3 out of the 4 listed above as my attacking players.
Hopefully Eddie has him watching videos of Yann Kermorgant after training, although for that to work we would also need a few more crosses chucked in.....

I'm in the camp that looked at that lineup yesterday and was quite pleased. Actually was very disappointed that there was no stream to see how that group would do. So, 20/20 hindsight and all, I would have expected that lineup to win.

...it is puzzling how a team of talented players, and we have to concede that most of them would be easily able to hold down first team places in a Championship side at the very least...put in individual and team performances like that against, whatever is said about fighting spirit etc, a team like Burton who, credit to them, thoroughly turned us over!

I can’t buy the argument that Solanke needs to play alongside another striker. He came through Chelsea’s academy, will have played in Liverpool’s U23’s and of course the England set up.

None of these teams will have played with 2 strikers. In fact I’d go out on a limb and suggest he won’t have played with another striker in his entire career before joining us.

I can’t buy the argument that Solanke needs to play alongside another striker. He came through Chelsea’s academy, will have played in Liverpool’s U23’s and of course the England set up.

None of these teams will have played with 2 strikers. In fact I’d go out on a limb and suggest he won’t have played with another striker in his entire career before joining us.
Youre probably right, although I'm sure at some stage in his career he would of played alongside another striker.

According to Solanke himself his favourite position is '9' but he can also play '10' or out wide. Judging from what I've seen of him he looks more suited to the '10' in a 4-4-2 variation.

The last two games we played him there, he has done well and we have won both games. Only time will tell if he keeps his place but I feel it gives much better balance to our frontline playing hin there. I don't like King and Wilson as a front two, however, King has impressed me lately playing on the left. I'd like to see the same team we played against Southampton/Everton or something similar against West Ham, and go at them from the start.

;