Memories

Alec Stock's 1st game in charge 7-1 v Doncaster.
The late penalty v Man City 89. 3-3
Going to Carlisle for a dead rubber last game of the season and losing 4-0
Getting the 0-0 ticket in the golden goal competition, and Eddie Rowles scoring a late goal. £30 in those days.
Chukki scoring...but never again.
The noise I made when Glenn Murray scored at Chelsea (I was at a military dinner and an Admiral was making a speech at the time)
Watching Alan Groves in any game.
So much more.

Never mind your Barnets and your Blyths. Crewe at home under John Benson.

And you try and tell that to the young people of today...

Anton Robinson's goal away to Chester.
Half-time Llamas, cement mixer challenges, Hot Radio winkers, Cherry Bear giving the Marines what for.
Wade Elliott's goal against Sheffield Wednesday.
TWO injury time goals away to Swansea.
Eddie Mitchell's pitch incursions.
That day/night versus Bolton
Kids up trees
Vokes debut against Forest

S.Purches goal against Lincoln and the diving header against Southend
N.Young kicking a Brentford player up in the air for being a cheat.
Getting stuck halfway up the terrace at Prenton park ( with Mrs Table in her 'chair), only to find Brentford had flucked it up for us.
So many great and happy memories of meeting posters on here. We've only been Cherries mad for 15 years but every season seems to have been "crucial".

P.s. virtually every game with Eddie in charge, has a memory in it : )

Burton away, when I was irrationally incredibly nervous (considering there was another game or two to go that season for us to seal it). Me and my dad drinking pint after pint in the bar inside the ground before the game, when I could tell my dad felt the same.

Later on the terrace hugging and being hugged by random blokes I didn't know. Running on the pitch, spotting other people I knew and running up to them. Walking out the ground somewhat dazed wondering where we go from here.

Little did I know how much stranger things would get.

northstandmark - 26/7/2016 08:50

Burton away, when I was irrationally incredibly nervous (considering there was another game or two to go that season for us to seal it). Me and my dad drinking pint after pint in the bar inside the ground before the game, when I could tell my dad felt the same.

Later on the terrace hugging and being hugged by random blokes I didn't know. Running on the pitch, spotting other people I knew and running up to them. Walking out the ground somewhat dazed wondering where we go from here.

Winning promotion at the centre of the brewing world, on a terrace. Just does not get better than that.

Thinking about it I think that might have you right next to me, sharing some champers with Bert

What an afternoon

beds cherry - 26/7/2016 08:54

Winning promotion at the centre of the brewing world, on a terrace. Just does not get better than that.

I tripped in the melee that followed Connell's goal and, in an effort to stop myself tumbling down the terrace, unintentionally grabbed hold of some poor guy's T-shirt next to me. It was completely destroyed - although to be fair to him he didn't seem too bothered. Then Connell runs over to our section and seems to single me out as he was shouting at the fans - some knobber had been giving him grief in the build up to the goal - not me Alan.

This was the first time I'd seen AFCB win away - at something like the 20th attempt. Great day (apart from the St Marys song :eyes: )

Burton away and Supafletch scoring at Maine Road when City were in Div 2 are strong in the memory. The Mel Machin great escape season, particularly Brentford away. Queueing up with my Dad to get tickets for the 1984 AFCB v ManU FA cup game . I also loved the season (1998/99?) where the supporters played a game against the home team fans in the morning before watching the game in the afternoon. I remember in the supporters games we beat Lincoln 9-0 and drew with Luton 3-3. Both league games were forgettable but after the Luton game a lady in one of the houses that backed on to the ground paid a visit to the toilet just as the fans were leaving, which caused much hilarity.

stifflersmom - 26/7/2016 11:27

Burton away and Supafletch scoring at Maine Road when City were in Div 2 are strong in the memory. The Mel Machin great escape season, particularly Brentford away. Queueing up with my Dad to get tickets for the 1984 AFCB v ManU FA cup game . I also loved the season (1998/99?) where the supporters played a game against the home team fans in the morning before watching the game in the afternoon. I remember in the supporters games we beat Lincoln 9-0 and drew with Luton 3-3. Both league games were forgettable but after the Luton game a lady in one of the houses that backed on to the ground paid a visit to the toilet just as the fans were leaving, which caused much hilarity.

You must have been walking down the stairs behind me!

Thought the match was great. Classic OG from Ryan Garry, a goal from Tubbs and a double from Mole the goal. Remember the way he dummied the whole away end before rolling in his second? One of my favourite AFCB away goals.

Some great memories from you all.
I remember Peterborough away 5-4 with Jonesy's scoring a screamer at the death.
Brentford away in the great escape (x1) was particularly emotional.
Chester away in great escape (x2)
Tranmere away, half time superb, although it ended a bit quieter.

;